Please be untrue: Pimp C reported dead?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This is fucking unbelievable. Damn. I don't even know what to say except that it's fucked up.

RIP

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This is tragic

R.I.P. Pimp C

• Man this is so sad. First Spice gets blasted now Pimp C is dead. Terrible news, makes me very sad. It seemed like things were going so well for him after getting ouf of jail and releasing the new album, what a terrible time to go. Way too young, too much talent left for the people. Rest in Peace Pimp. Damn.

• tragic
    RIP

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    It's a wreck here in Houston. Everyone's crying.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    no more infos but what we already have??? Damn...i just watched him being itw-ed in the Hoodz DVD. That plus Spice 1...Sad day.

• I wonder if it was promethazine related? I can't imagine what Bun is going through right now, he loved that cat more than he would his own brothers and sisters. Man.

• Wow. That's truly tragic. RIP.

• Wow. That's truly tragic. RIP.
    to all of the above... this man was a true original!

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=12399

• i just got an email about this from an industry dude... fuck.

i just got into ugk and pimp c was about as real a dude as it gets. hip hop suffers yet another fallen soldier.

RIP

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    RIP. I'm feeling for my Texas people.

• CHAD >>> your whole crew.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    CHAD >>> your whole crew.

Sayin. Dude held his tongue for no one.

Damn I can't believe it.

R.I.P.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Statement from publicist:

It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning.

Manager Rick Martin is asking that everyone please respect his family and those close to him at this time and refrain from rumors and innuendo.

A formal statement will be released later this afternoon.

Thank you all for understanding..

Nancy

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    DAMN.

R.I.P. to a legend in every sense of the word.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Absolutely horrible.

RIP

A HREF="http://www.myspace.com/pimpcofugk">http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/bunbofugk/rippimp.gif" alt="" />
    /A>

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    CHAD >>> your whole crew.

Sayin. Dude held his tongue for no one.

Damn I can't believe it.

R.I.P.

thats what i am saying. dude was so much more than just a rapper in a group or a producer in a group, he was an awesome force in all things he did and said.

he had his issues just like any man, but damn....such a huge loss to the hip-hop community.

i will miss that dude.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    damn.
    RIP PIMP C

here's the story in the chronicle

Rapper Pimp C of the rap duo UGK was found dead this morning in a Hollywood hotel room, according to TMZ.com.

Police responded to a 911 call and found the 33-year-old rapper (real name Chad Butler), dead in his bed at the Mondrian Hotel. His publicist confirmed his death this afternoon.

Pimp C had performed in Los Angeles last Saturday.

UGK ??? which also featured Bun B ??? formed in Port Arthur in the late-'80s. The duo released its major label debut, Too Hard to Swallow, in 1992, and drew more attention when it appeared on Jay-Z's hit single Big Pimpin' in 2000.

Any momentum from that guest spot was halted when Butler was imprisoned in January 2002 after falling behind on community service required after pleading no contest to aggravated assault. He was paroled in December 2005 after serving half of his sentence.

His release initiated national interest in a new recording by a reunited UGK. The album was scheduled for release in late 2006, but was oft-delayed. The two-CD opus Underground Kingz was released in August and debuted No. 1, UGK's first chart-topper.

• -

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    R.I.P.

• R.I.P.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Rest in peace to a legend.

• Options
    RIP to him and peace to his family.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This is crazy. VERY VERY sad news. R.I.P. to Pimp C and prayers for all his family.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    From the label:

It is with great sadness that Jive Records announces the passing of Chad "Pimp C" Butler, a member of the celebrated rap duo UGK (Underground Kingz). Jive Records' President and CEO Barry Weiss states: "We mourn the unexpected loss of Chad. He was truly a thoughtful and kind-hearted person. He will be remembered for his talent and profound influence as a pioneer in bringing southern rap to the forefront. He will be missed and our prayers remain with his family and Bun B. I've known Chad since he was 18, and we loved him dearly and he was a cherished member of the Jive family."

Born in Port Arthur, Texas, Butler's father was a trumpet player who played professionally with Solomon Burke. Outside of his father, the 33-year old rapper's influences varied, ranging from Bobby Bland, Jimmy McGriff, the 1960's Motown artists to Run DMC. Butler met his inseparable partner Bernard "Bun B" Freeman in high school where they formed UGK. In 1992, the duo signed to Jive Records and went on release a total of eight albums for the label. They earned their highest achievement earlier this year when their most recent album, UGK (Underground Kingz), debuted in the number one position on the album pop chart. According to the New York Times, UGK "helped inspire a generation of Southern hip-hop stars, from OutKast to Lil Wayne."

Bun B is not available for comment at this time.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Tragic. I can't believe it. RIP.

The TX peanut gallery is really starting to buzz with a lot of homicide talk. Hopefully, the "official statement" due this afternoon doesn't leave us guessing...