High waist (mom) pants for females are back

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
But why? Not a fan. Should I show a late pass? Well, I do live in Richmond, VA. Cut me a little slack. Is this just a New York thing?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    If your ass is on point, these get a pass.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    If your ass is on point, these get a pass.

If your ass is on point, you'll still look like soccer caravan mom from the back.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Not a fan.

Me neither. They are not flattering and only work for thin gals with long legs and torsos. Like (but unlike) super low-riders, it's such a strange way to cut a woman's body.

• If your ass is on point, these get a pass.

i think no matter how fine an ass is, these pants ruin it. i don't like the low cut joints either though, creates that wierd muffin top no matter how fly the chica.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The girl in that flick is definitely not rocking them. I've been seeing them on girls up here for the past year or so, and when they are paired with the right top and shoes they can look fly. There was a curvy hostess at my last job who would rock em right. The problem is that they are also popular with the hipsters who rock toally unflattering and ugly clothes, and the trendsters who don't realize that they are to be worn as part of a look (not as a versatile piece in one's wardrobe). Those girls are pairing these things with other horrendous clothing which leads to a nagl tornado of epic proportions.

• How much of this can be attributed to the success of DJ Mom Pants?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    How much of this can be attributed to the success of DJ Mom Pants?

I was wondering the same thing.

• Looks super good on most models- AKA not for your girl.

The girl in that flick is definitely not rocking them. I've been seeing them on girls up here for the past year or so, and when they are paired with the right top and shoes they can look fly. There was a curvy hostess at my last job who would rock em right. The problem is that they are also popular with the hipsters who rock toally unflattering and ugly clothes, and the trendsters who don't realize that they are to be worn as part of a look (not as a versatile piece in one's wardrobe). Those girls are pairing these things with other horrendous clothing which leads to a nagl tornado of epic proportions.

please post pics of how this can be a good look.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

On the left is nagl (open belly?), and on the right is a gl.

i had a really hard time finding any decent pics, which is evidence of the fact that most women are not rocking them right. You can't be wearing high waisted pants with crazy tops, and you can't wear them with plain old tshirts either--it's a delicate balance, thus difficult to pull off. A lot of the pics were high waist plus wide leg. Wide leg pants are really popular in the city right now (for women). Wide leg pants are never a good look once you are old enough to vote.

• This shit has been hitting the high fashion world for a while, from research based on my skimming over the NY Times Sunday Styles section about twice a year. I guess it's starting to trickle down to people who want to be on the next shit. I agree that it looks about as bad as really low cut jeans look on most people, but that's the nature of the fashion industry. Everyone is wearing one style = they switch it up and do the reverse to be new and exiting. If mom jeans really catch on, I garauntee high fashion turns around and flips back to low cuts. It's rarely about what actually looks good, and all about selling a new trend.

nice work. not to mention the look on the left has some kinda suspender shits goin on.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nagl tornado

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    nagl tornado

Tornagl?

nagl tornado

Tornagl?

Zing!

And another SS term is born.

Wide leg pants are never a good look once you are old enough to vote.

Please.

I'm going to assume you mean raver tent pants cause 1930s/1940s wide/straight leg pants that are all the rage now (dress pants, sailor cut, flamenco style, in denim, etc.) are definitely not age specific in the way bay doll dresses and crop tops are.

the denim ones look great, but they are also not the typical 80s style high-waist pants. the thin red belt is a nice touch.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Please.

I'm going to assume you mean raver tent pants cause 1930s/1940s wide/straight leg pants that are all the rage now (dress pants, sailor cut, flamenco style, in denim, etc.) are definitely not age specific in the way bay doll dresses and crop tops are.

It's something that young kids can get away with, but I don't care for it on adults.

• rihanna and ciara are both cute girls whose handlers have consistently been placing in godawful outfits.

rihanna and ciara are both cute girls whose handlers have consistently been placing in godawful outfits.

Nice umbrella, though.

• This shit has been hitting the high fashion world for a while

...but I have yet to see it in the street. Let's face it, the early part of the eighties were too sexless a decade to want to bring back, and this does look rather corny. The girls in the pics pull it off well, but if it ever becomes the Next Big Thing, some of us gonna get tired of seeing that. Just my opinion.

• rihanna and ciara are both cute girls whose handlers have consistently been placing in godawful outfits.

rhianna dont got a forehead she got a 5 head.

• -

Nice umbrella, though.

Eh, eh, eh, eh, ahhh, ahhh, ah, ehhhhhhhhhh.

What a stupid chorus. And I don't like the highpants either. Some lowrise pants look great on chicks though, so I'm not mad at them.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    If your ass is on point, you'll still look like soccer caravan mom from the back.

It's entertaining to me when people make absolute rules that might prevent them from getting laid, when it appears that getting laid by someone in high pants is exactly what they need.

riiight.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    riiight.

I wasn't necessarily addressing you, but if the shoe fits...