Rep Yo' Seeds! (Return of the kid pix thread)

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

And i am in total awe of any single mother, how they do it is beyond me.

• And i am in total awe of any single mother, how they do it is beyond me.

• I'm flying into Chicago in a couple of weeks dude. Dreas and I can babysit, while you take the wifey out to Red Lobster or some shit. Of course, being a highly skilled attorney grad student[/b], my fee is $17.[/b]50[/b] an hour.

• Jack 2 1/2 Years

coolest looking kid EVER

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'm flying into Chicago in a couple of weeks dude. Dreas and I can babysit, while you take the wifey out to Red Lobster or some shit. Of course, being a highly unmotivated, disorganized attorney grad student[/b], my fee is $1.[/b]75 an hour.

If we're really going to take it there...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yes, when you are ready for your wife to completely reassess your once-content relationship and basically call you out all over again for any shred of wrong that you have done to her over the years, go ahead and have a baby with her.

SO TRILL IT HURTS.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Yes, when you are ready for your wife to completely reassess your once-content relationship and basically call you out all over again for any shred of wrong that you have done to her over the years, go ahead and have a baby with her.

SO TRILL IT HURTS.

• It is definately a challenge being a parent and I think maybe for our generation more so as we are used to certain freedoms of lifestyle. Being a parent is completely selfless and for some that is a struggle.

I think also in relationship it is easier to lose the spark as rather than focusing your love,affection and tenderness on each other as in the past, that energy is focused on the child in the deepest and most profound way.

After a day of
    feeding,bathing,changing,wiping,cuddling,playing etc sometimes i find that I have no energy to give my partner and vice versa. It is only recently where we have dedicated a day without our baby girl to spend together that our relationship has really got back on track. cue Gwen Guthrie "Keep the fire Burning"

Having a child has also may me really look at my own and my partners inherited dysfunctions. It is easy to become your own parents but it is for me important to break those dysfunctions so the cycles dont continue for another generation.

• Vincent.
    He is now 8 weeks old but I think this photo was at 5 weeks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Having a child has also may me really look at my own and my partners inherited dysfunctions. It is easy to become your own parents but it is for me important to break those dysfunctions so the cycles dont continue for another generation.

A-to-the-men.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Helen Louise

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    how did all you fugly motherfunkers have such cute-ass kids??

I get this question a lot.

• how did all you fugly motherfunkers have such cute-ass kids??

Good looking partners

• My daughter Ivy. She's 20 months.

I haven't had time to make any music or go record shopping in about a year (except the quick lunch break dig). It's totally worth it.

The future.

I haven't had time to make any music or go record shopping in about a year (except the quick lunch break dig). It's totally worth it.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Man, this thread has had me doing a lot of soul-searching this week. My wife and I have been having the ongoing baby conversation more often than usual lately. I've been resistant, and I'm not seriously giving a green light until I'm done with school, but reading all of yall's posts in here are inspiring (and intimidating, i'm not gonna front) me. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I think I really want to have a kid. In the past, I've been all cavalier like "a baby? yeah, sure! Someday." But I can really see it happening now.

It's really great to see guys who are like me (record buying/music making cats) sharing the good and the not-so-good about parenting and trying to stay on the grind while being a parent. I'm going to be up against the same stuff when my time comes.

I feel like there should be a forum just for Strutter dads. It could be either a support group or a place to share stuff, just like this thread. I would definitely join it once my little one comes along.

Is that, like, way too Oprah of me to say? Sorry. I guess I want to thank all you guys for sharing and give you props for everything you do to make it happen for your kids. I can tell you guys are all great fathers.

And your kids are all cute as hell too.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Good looking partners

hahaha! Seriously, these kids are adorable! Props to the pops...(and the ma's too of course!)

For some reason, I always pictured this as being Cosmo's future kid:

I think someone on here a while ago tried to "diss" me by stating that that was my kid in this video...i take it as a compliment, personally.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Recently found out we're going to have #3.

congrats man, no more sleep for you!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    My crazy kid. Isaiah, age 9

put glasses on this dude and you have my best friend circa 5th grade

Awesomest kid EVER.

congrats man, no more sleepretirement account for you!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Whoa, PCMR, is that your kid?! Incredible!!! How old is he? 4 or 5? Incredible how self-secure the sweet little fellow is, let alone the talent he displays.

It's really great to see guys who are like me (record buying/music making cats) sharing the good and the not-so-good about parenting and trying to stay on the grind while being a parent.

Yeah me too. Just been lurking here the last years but I have to say your kids all look awesome, and it's great to see them develop. You all seem to be good parents (or good photographers anyway). We've got one kid and my girlfriend wants a second. I do it for her but these threads help me convince myself it's the right choice. Honestly, these first 2 years can be pretty hard, but look what you end up with! He's already my best buddy and is very knowledgeable about the Beatles.

Here he his with his first stitches:

And here together with his dad:

You all seem to be good parents (or good photographers anyway).

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

So true, you turn into your father, she turns into her mother. Its a recycling process that does need to be stopped.

Coming into fatherhood in a relationship, and going through fatherhood as a single-father is a next level of humanity for myself. I don't regret having my daughter, but I do regret having children so early in life. I say wait until its the last thing you and your partner want to do. Do everything, and don't let the peer pressure cause you do give in like most of my friends and others. It will challenge your relationship to the highest degree. There is so much more to life than children. There is a time and place. This all coming from apathy of a single father though.

• here's my oldest two. my new daughter is almost 11 weeks. best things in my life.

• Wow. Its pretty cool to the softer side of the strut. take that shit to "softstrut.com" , just kidding.
    didnt realize there were so many parents on the board.
    i'll bet there are a lot of stories about having to choose between giving up that record rooms and a room for the new baby..
    tons of super amazing kids too. good work strutters! and love your babies!

here's mine, Wolfgang and Ursula, 3 and 4 respectively.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket