Big Jaz/ Jaz O. I'm not knowing.

2»

Comments

• Big Jaz-D&D Freestyle #2 with Evil D
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ycci76

Thanks mate, but the second freestlye doesn't seem to work ?

Hi Mao, you just have to add ".mp3" at the end of the file name.
    Do it and let me know.

Worked 1st time. Thanks for the tip Bapt !!!

• sorry about the bad link, glad you were able to get it.

• sorry about the bad link, glad you were able to get it.

No, thank you for sharing !!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    While we are at it WHY does Hov ride so hard for Bleek?

This is destined to be a question with no answer a la "What's the sound of one hand clapping?" (One hand clapping, incidentally, being the most applause Bleek could ever hope for.)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I believe that Jaz O was the inventor of the Triple rhyme style that Jay Z ,
    Twista and many southern rappers have become famous for.

Well, that is what the song "The Originators" is all about. There's definitely others who lay claim to it or coulld be considered creators of it as well such as Freshco, Bryce Luv, Just Ice.... I tend to lean towards Jaz being the inventor as he does flip it a lil bit on the High Potent track in '85 which proceeds all the above mentioned as far as records. It does at least seem that it originated in Brooklyn at the very least.

C'mon now, while Jaz indeed rapped fast and deserves credit for being a pioneer of speed rap...he doesn't syncopate or "chop" his lyrics the way that Twista, many Project Blowed dudes, Bone, Brotha Lynch Hung, Guerilla Maab, etc. have been known to do.

• thanks nikoless! what else is on that tape?

and i don't have much to add except Jaz O is great. One of my favorites. I can't believe he never came close to blowing up. Why Jaz O and Sauce Money never got real ROC burn is beyond me.

p.s. I saw someone mention OC and Jay. As far as I know they're still pretty tight.

• Why Jaz O and Sauce Money never got real ROC burn is beyond me.

Jaz was on a Timbaland-produced single with a video that got major rotation?!?!

• Why Jaz O and Sauce Money never got real ROC burn is beyond me.

Jaz was on a Timbaland-produced single with a video that got major rotation?!?!

Yeah..I meant more album wise. After that song the album should have been a go. I'm guessing it's all paperwork and ego's that made this never happen.

Paper is the be all to end all good rap.. Jay, Jaz and Sauce should have done an album. But instead r kelly and lincoln park get the verses.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Someone should up "Hypocritters." That whole EP is dope.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hipocritters 12"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jawn I got has 6 songs on it. I'll look for that now.

• I believe that Jaz O was the inventor of the Triple rhyme style that Jay Z ,
    Twista and many southern rappers have become famous for.

Well, that is what the song "The Originators" is all about. There's definitely others who lay claim to it or coulld be considered creators of it as well such as Freshco, Bryce Luv, Just Ice.... I tend to lean towards Jaz being the inventor as he does flip it a lil bit on the High Potent track in '85 which proceeds all the above mentioned as far as records. It does at least seem that it originated in Brooklyn at the very least.

C'mon now, while Jaz indeed rapped fast and deserves credit for being a pioneer of speed rap...he doesn't syncopate or "chop" his lyrics the way that Twista, many Project Blowed dudes, Bone, Brotha Lynch Hung, Guerilla Maab, etc. have been known to do.

well, that may be true but I still think the blueprint for those guys do comes from what Jaz did, just like probably what Jaz did came from Kool Moe Dee and Treacherous 3's "new rap language". It's just people evolving style. Twista (when Tung Twister) didn'' chop it either at first. His style was pretty much pure Jaz then he evolved it. I first heard the Chop with Freestyle Fellowship but can't confirm that is it's "origin" for that evolution of the style.