CLOVERFIELD (JJ Abrams mystery movie related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Blair Witch meets Godzilla meets 28 Days Later?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    and a slow "cyber monday" hullo to you!

• Is that that super secret shit where the preview is some kind of hipster party with a hand-held camera POV tip, then the Statue of Liberty's head comes flying in to the frame or something?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is that that super secret shit where the preview is some kind of hipster party with a hand-held camera POV tip, then the Statue of Liberty's head comes flying in to the frame or something?

Yeah. The new trailer reveals...

not much of anything new. Definitely looks like a monster movie in the Godzilla vein but there seems to be multiple monsters (maybe?) rather than just one. So far, I feel like hype > reality.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    You know what would make this movie amazing? If they never ever show you what the cause of all the chaos is. I didn't know it was a monster movie when I saw the preview and the best thing about it was, just like the people in the movie, I had no idea wtf was going on. Keep that kind of suspense and panic up for the whole movie by just destroyning shit but never revealing if it's humans, monsters from deep inside the earth or monsters from space or whatever and that will be the greatest movie ever!!

• Is that that super secret shit where the preview is some kind of hipster party with a hand-held camera POV tip, then the Statue of Liberty's head comes flying in to the frame or something?

Yeah. The new trailer reveals...

not much of anything new. Definitely looks like a monster movie in the Godzilla vein but there seems to be multiple monsters (maybe?) rather than just one. So far, I feel like hype > reality.

I thought that was that Dragon movie (or something like that) that just came out and faded away really quick?

• just destroyning shit but never revealing if it's humans, monsters from deep inside the earth or monsters from space or whatever

That's the plot of every episode of ULTRA MAN except they'd always reveal the monster. And reveal that Ultra Man would always go WWF on that mf.

• I have heard a few whispers as to the identity of the protagonist, and it sounds interesting.
    Also, i think there is a glimpse of the trouble maker in the background during the trailer (if you have quicktime pro, and download the highest def trailer and get to frame advancing).

looks interesting anyhow.

• i think there is a glimpse of the trouble maker in the background during the trailer