Paypal - "Payment Pending"

buddy_maxwellbuddy_maxwell 42 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hello everyone,It's my first or second post on here. I know alot of people on here have alot of experience with ebay and paypal. I was wondering if anyone can explain what "Payment Pending" means. I purchased 5 records from a seller and paid for them through paypal - as I usually do. I see a new icon in my ebay saying "payment pending" - so I go to paypal, login and check my account. It appears that the funds were debited from my account, but haven't been recieved by the sellers yet. This is the first time I have seen this - I have never had an issue before.Is this related to what people were discussing in this thread:http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post994327Any insight on this would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This seems to be a fairly new glitch between eBay and paypal. Just happened to me and I had two customers waiting a month while I thought cleared payments were pending. I'd send the person a message explaining the situation and the payment ID #.

• Thanks for the quick reply, hcrink.
    I appreciate it.

• Yeah, I recently had the same thing happen and wondered what the hell it was.

• This seems to be a fairly new glitch between eBay and paypal. Just happened to me and I had two customers waiting a month while I thought cleared payments were pending. I'd send the person a message explaining the situation and the payment ID #.

yep. same thing happened to me as well.

hopefully only a temp glitch that will go away

• i really got screwed with this lately, overdrafted my account because of some paypal BS.
    f*ck paypal

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I wonder if paypal does this on purpose.

They withdraw the money from your account while they make interest off your money through millions of "Payment Pending". Mix that with what they make off fees and currency exchange rip offs and the paypal mafia make Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.

• I wonder if paypal does this on purpose.

They withdraw the money from your account while they make interest off your money through millions of "Payment Pending". Mix that with what they make off fees and currency exchange rip offs and the paypal mafia make Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.

I've thought about that too...it takes them 10 milliseconds to get money out of my bank account, but if I want to put money from my Paypal account into my bank account, it takes 3 days??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• mmmmm...the plot thickens.
    If the waiting period so we can cop the extra dough theory is correct,
    not only is that mad foul, (on some major bank ish),
    but quite a nice little scam they have going.....
    Thanks again to everyone who replied in here,
    it was good to know that it wasn't a personal vendetta against me or something...