ARC AFTERMATH

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Had a blast as usual and was great to meet some strutters to put a face with a name. CoffinJoe, GeneP, NRich, CChris, Aleit, West Coast Seth, Glockose, Southern Psych Mafia, Aaron & Akim, FoS Dave the host with the most, Re-Hash Gang, JasonC, Dre, KidI, the legendary Sam Brindley, Taro and some dude named Josh were all a pleasure to hang with and all contributed to the mayhem.I'll post more photos later on but here is a taste of some of the vinyl available at the show. Photos courtesy of KKKalavision!!

Comments

• ...and some dude named Josh

did you get an autograph?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I couldn't make it to the show but stopped by the post ARC party at Friends of Sound on Saturday night. It was good to put some names with faces for people I hadn't met in person yet. I brought some of my homebrew beer to share with people and hung out until my wife was ready to go. Next time I'll have to leave her at home for any record related events. I should know better by now. Here are a few pictures I took.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ...and some dude named Josh

did you get an autograph?

You man he's famous??

Dude was actually a font of knowledge and a pleasure to hang with.....hope I get the opportunity again sometime.

Not sure what he thought about my daughter's tattoo that she swiped from the artwork off one of his CD's though??!!

BillB.....I had some of that mean homebrew and met you as you were leaving but didn't put together who you were until now....next time let's chat.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I brought some of my homebrew beer to share with people

this was my best find of the trip. thanks, dude!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rock, I apparently bought an Olympia Brass Band LP from you...but didn't realize that I had bought it from you until Dave mentioned that little detail later.

Twas good to meet my fellow soulstrutters with NOLA connections...GeneP and Aleit.

Hello again, coffinjoe.

Tried to but couldn't make the party Saturday night, as bewteen the convention both Friday and Saturday night, Bambaataa Friday night, and the Texas-Nebraska game Saturday, I had no more me-time to spare.

Anyway, I hope all you you out-of-towners enjoyed Austin. The weather was perfect.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Dudes....

Much too many good times and records were had. Running for records, and late nights made for a heavy dose of nosleep, but it was worth it. Hope everyone found some good pieces. Many thanks must be given to Rockadelic for his hospitality in Dallas, and for being a true top-shelf guy. Coffinjoe is still the man. Gene P is dude. All other strutters whom I may have met but cannot put screen name to face are also good peoples. See you all next time.

Cheers.........

• I had a great time this weekend. The show itself seemed not as hot as you'd think with no spring show and my eyeballs tell me attendance was down, unfortunately. However, the company was top-notch. It was cool to finally meet HarveyCanal.....grinding his way through the hiphop bins as you'd imagine or expect. Heard some truly facemelting music at the hotel scene and at FoS on Saturday. I scored a few things. Hope this isn't the last one. It was truly awesome to see everyone though.

• BAPE in 2007?

I wound up with about 130 LP's.......spent around $800.00 and did a couple of trades....here are some of the highlights.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Nice scores, I passed up on that Jackson 5 Get together LP for cheap a week or so ago without even needle dropping it, what is it like? Just looked like some corny cash-n comp.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Oh yeah, I recently threw out that Lord Shorty LP

• AP was there?

• hey marco, where's all your bhangra?

Nice scores, I passed up on that Jackson 5 Get together LP for cheap a week or so ago without even needle dropping it, what is it like? Just looked like some corny cash-n comp.

Corny cash-in comp that mindless J5 fan will pay $25+ for.

King Shorty is indeed

• It was really great to meet a bunch of you guys. Here's most of the LPs I picked up. Not really representative of my buys though because I was focusing mostly on the 45s. When I get time I'll post pictures of those as well as the 12's I picked up. I ended up spending more than I thought I would but I also was able to sell the small batch of records I had brought with me, so it worked out nicely.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Don't know any of these but want to hear them. Looks like everyone found some great stuff.

• yo, the wall of black and white records was from my homie in Lubbock Texas, right??

the one time i made it to ARC, that fine gentleman gave me a dealers pass for the weekend for me to go looney tunes with. i tried to buy or make sales for him as much as possible...i know some strutters currently have some of his black and whites in their collection!

looks coooooool
    gettin me hyped for FMU this week

yo, the wall of black and white records was from my homie in Lubbock Texas, right??

the one time i made it to ARC, that fine gentleman gave me a dealers pass for the weekend for me to go looney tunes with. i tried to buy or make sales for him as much as possible...i know some strutters currently have some of his black and whites in their collection!

looks coooooool
    gettin me hyped for FMU this week

That's the man....used to own Ralph's Records in Lubbock.....great guy who always turns up stuff worth buying.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

damn, a mojo hand... never seen one one of those outside of a book before. Big $ or lucky score??

damn, a mojo hand... never seen one one of those outside of a book before. Big $ or lucky score??

Absolute lucky score.....1/20th of what it sells for.

• If anyone felt like looking at the 45s and 12"s I got I put them all in my photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v320/kidinquisitive/arc/?start=all

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If anyone felt like looking at the 45s and 12"s I got I put them all in my photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v320/kidinquisitive/arc/?start=all

This label design is amazing:

Soul Controllers

Looks like you scored on the private boogie/modern tip.

• If anyone felt like looking at the 45s and 12"s I got I put them all in my photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v320/kidinquisitive/arc/?start=all

This label design is amazing:

Soul Controllers

The track ain't too shabby either!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

friday night listening party, old timers & new intiates

getting blurry as the night rolls on

black dick for prez opens a dialog

glockose & aussie jon from silver rocket dig back to back

aussie from mobil, young japanese r&b 45 digger, famous barry w & hippie dude dig & chat

tim from cainsville holds down the corner with me, they split me & dallas dave up for causing troules during previous shows, icegrill

psych guys can tell a sealed og just by passing there palms over it, oowweeooo

can i have one in this glass ?

blurry action shot of ms wheeler searching for radio station comps

just say no to crack

see jon, gurney was working it hard, couldn't even stop for a pose

$ in texas is greater than euros at the other arc

i feel like a chump

i only bought one record at arc

i did buy 300+ on the way there
    & recieved a few gifts at the fair

best cover of sexy color old school cheez

best non school century press found in ky

foreign records with b&w covers

best findz in springfield

best findz from last years wfmu that went to canada for a visit before returning to me in austin

best looking cover & band name b/w biggest let down when played

best gift from rockadelic man who knows what i dig

best gift from a canadian friend who may be trying to tell me something .....

best springfield thrift find that i really hope to sell @ fmu & not have back in my house

best box sets that were once bright & shiney but are now grimey & have duct tape

mysteries of the gulf coast psych mafia revealed

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

psych guys can tell a sealed og just by passing there palms over it, oowweeooo

Since the Cowboys had a bye week I was repping for the Saints.

aussie from mobil, young japanese r&b 45 digger, famous barry w & hippie dude dig & chat

Hippie Dude was in the 60's band The Stillroven

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

shit! now im gonna have nightmares.