PHILLY ON BLAST

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
what's up with this?
But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit."We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

On a much better Philly note:

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I have no gripes with this. Shit ain't pretty and we like to keep it that way!

• the city of walmart has the ugliest people. philly is okay...the article/poll has some truth to it. but on the positive side, its a self-esteem booster. philly is for average looking people what china is for guys who are 5'9" and above.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

Mostly true... the stylish part is dead wrong though... we make style, you might not like it though

• Remember the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfeld?

That's the type of treatment you get at every single pizza joint in Philly.

Philly is oozing with bad attitudes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.[/b]

O'rly? Philly isn't sounding half uncute if those are the standards.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

I got love for philly but i think it's true... i've always done real well down there

Now I know why!

• Phlly really went downhill since I moved away.

On the real though. When my wife and I first moved to Richmond we could not get over people saying hello and being nice to us in stores. It was like a whole new world. I do miss the 'addytude' sometimes.

• Remember the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfeld?

That's the type of treatment you get at every single pizza joint in Philly.

Philly is oozing with bad attitudes.
    toughen up