• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    you could check at www.overratedrarerecords.com

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

^ Not Chicago.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

^ Not Chicago.

I like this record. And it has one of my favorite covers ever.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DAMN BALLA

• Are you black enuff for freedom road?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

^ Not Chicago.

Here here. All gold 'n' orange like a Money Dreamsicle.

• the reish scratched my itch...I only spend money on acetates, did you know acetates are kinda like records, but they were never actually released?

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    I only spend money on acetates, did you know acetates are kinda like records, but they were never actually released?

SS needs to get on this level with some immediacy.

• I thought for sure a member of the Strut intelligista would have called it a "tepid turd" by now.

• you could check at www.overratedrarerecords.com

Are you serious? It's neither overrated, nor terribly rare, at least by the yardstick of this message board.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Are you serious? It's neither overrated, nor terribly rare, at least by the yardstick of this message board.

I've seen the record three times in stores so it can't be that rare. I got my copy from TSL a couple years ago for a very reasonable price.

• Anyone know how many were pressed?

In all seriousness, I heard there was one run that is more rare, with a slightly different cover (white instead of gold?) and then then more common one.

• I think the left one with the gold letters is the first one, cover is more red, runout groove # SR 001

the other one has an additional line on the label - XCSV 226131 and also in the runout groove

here's an additional picture of the "gold" one

I'm curious if there is someone who has additional infos and:

which one do you own? Let's count it, so we can figure out the rarer one.

I've got 1 of each

so count is 1 : 1

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This record is dope... I have the white letter one.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I remember this coming up on Waxidermy a while back & one of the Chicago mafia (Sevier?) saying it was huge for a small indie/private type record. I believe 10K was the number quoted.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I remember this coming up on Waxidermy a while back & one of the Chicago mafia (Sevier?) saying it was huge for a small indie/private type record. I believe 10K was the number quoted.

I think it was written that the labels are different as well - solid orange/red and split orange/white.

It's a nice record but doubles are probably unnecessary!

• you could check at www.overratedrarerecords.com

^ Not Chicago.

Me too. "Tracks of my Tears". The packaging is nice as well.

Overrated? Please.

• I've got a stone mint second press. (I don't get too crazy about first vs. second pressings when they're within a year or two of each other)

All numbers debate aside, the only place in the world this record wouldn't be considered somewhat "rare" is online! It still gets some decent coin and isn't common by any stretch.

• here's an additional picture of the "gold" one

There's also third pressing that has the same kind of cover as the one above except that there is no Scarab Records logo in the lower right corner. That is the pressing with solid orange labels.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My copy is the one with white letters.

May I also add to to the sentiment that this record is not at all overrated.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i still dont think ive ever actually heard this record. anybody wanna help me out in this department?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i still dont think ive ever actually heard this record. anybody wanna help me out in this department?

http://blog-o-blog-douglass.blogspot.com/2007/09/pharaohs-1971-awakening.html

• There's also third pressing that has the same kind of cover as the one above except that there is no Scarab Records logo in the lower right corner. That is the pressing with solid orange labels.

might be the first press without the Scarab logo or a later press - anybody got more insights?