MP3 REQ: Leadbelly Good Night Irene

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
song won't get out of my head, and I need relief.I looked online and found nothing.Help me pleaseFUN FACT: ABBA, recorded both "Pick A Bale Of Cotton" and "Midnight Special"

Comments

• Here you go...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I knew soulstrut could come through with the quickness.

Thank you so much!

• Happy to oblige... I find that a hankering for some blues like this only gets worse if not satisfied.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Pete Seeger tells this story:

One afternoon Leadbelly walked into a label/studio in Chicago (or NYC) and says I have a new song Irene Goodnight and it's real good and I want to record it. Record man says great let me get a contract. Leadbelly says, "No contracts, I've been ripped off too many times. I want $50.00.) Record man says OK! Leadbelly records the song, record man happily turns over $50.00. What the record man doesn't know is that he is the 8th record man that Leadbelly sold that song to that day.

Or something like that.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Pete Seeger tells this story:

One afternoon Leadbelly walked into a label/studio in Chicago (or NYC) and says I have a new song Irene Goodnight and it's real good and I want to record it. Record man says great let me get a contract. Leadbelly says, "No contracts, I've been ripped off too many times. I want $50.00.) Record man says OK! Leadbelly records the song, record man happily turns over $50.00. What the record man doesn't know is that he is the 8th record man that Leadbelly sold that song to that day.

Or something like that.

believeable

i only own two leadbelly records, yet i have 3 versions of him doing that song...