Summer of the Shark?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
damn.. everyone hear about all this shark activity? fucking sharks always eating people....I know their important to the ECO system.... so easy with the hippy replies

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

fucking sharks always eating people....

This would be a good time for a Jaws Re-make...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    CandyGram...

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    damn.. everyone hear about all this shark activity?

I know their important to the ECO system.... so easy with the hippy replies

Basically, it's just Bull Sharks with their attitude problem and bad manners.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

Basically, it's just Bull Sharks with their attitude problem and bad manners.

Zing

I guess your right... It's amazing to hear dude talk about how he was taking her in to shore while this shark kept attacking her... so fucked up

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Bull Sharks are noted for being very aggresive. They can be found in the mouths of rivers too. Imagine chilling in a canoe in a river (frsh water) and getting attacked by a shark??!!??

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

sharks don't eat people. they just taste them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about Soulstrut already having jumped the shark for the entire Summer

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

"She was unconscious when I got to the blood pool," Dicus said.

"So I tried to pull her from the water -- the shark had made an attack when I was trying to get her out of the water. But it gave me enough time to get her on to the board once he had to come back around to make another attack."

Dicus said the shark -- about 8 feet long -- continued to try to attack them on his surfboard as he made his way to shore.

hmmmmm lets take a look

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Yeah, this was explained to me by a marine biologist I used to know who had studied sharks in Santa Cruz. Basically, humans are not on their menu, so most of the time in these attacks, on of two bites is all they will take and they will look elsewhere when they realize it's not what they thought. I believe that in the case where she kept being attacked, I would be willing to bet that all the activity of getting her out of the water was enough to confuse the animal and have it striking at whatever moved.

I tend to not buy into the media hysteria that they whip up over shark attacks. It is undoubtedly a negative thing, but it's nature...surfers need to watch their asses for real.

Oh and by the way, this chick is my hero. Not for being attacked, but for keeping at it and excelling in the face of crippling(literally) adversity.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    "Let's see how many rap sap suckers rush to bite this"...

Once upon an early morning in Huntington Beach...damn, almost 20 years ago...I was boogieboarding the outside break...and between sets during a peaceful lull a giant grey body suddenly popped up out of the water no more than 6 feet away from me lounging on my board. Never in my life have I been so scared. Thinking shark all the way I started paddling and kicking my way in to shore as quickly as possibly only to realize after a few seconds that instead of a shark out to get me there was an entire school of porpoise swimming by. Thankfully I was able to ease my fear into amazement as I got to watch hundreds of porpoises jet by me in such close proximity.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This would be a good time for a Jaws Re-make...

• Sharks don't eat people, people eat peo.....wait...