what you gonna be for hollerween?

13»

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I just remembered what I had thought of back in april.

But I need some help from someone like Edith or SoulonIce who know about old movies

and Yuichi's make-up artist GF for tips.

I would like to appear to be IN black and white so

Im thinking something along the lines of Louise Brooks.
    or a b&w film star from that era.

I have a black wig that is similar to her look. I figure a black dress would be easier than gray or white. I paint so I think I just need black and white make-up to work the gray scale on my face and arms.

I have no direct connection or admiration to Louise Brooks that was just an idea.

Does anyone have any favorite stars that might be easy to pull this look off??

I think they should have strictly blond or black hair to make it easier...I dont want to use the spray shit I just want to wear a wig.

I am open to suggestions for silent film stars or ladies that looked great in shades of gray. So suggestions up into the 60's is cool.

Maybe I could be the chick from the Birds and put a stuffed blackbird that we have on my shoulder

Hey Alice! Hope all is well wichoo...

I remember watching a movie a few years ago about the first female silent film actress, and I think it was Carol Dempster. Well one of the firsts.

I'd just google her and see what other actresses there were.

pretty obscure costume

Good luck!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I just remembered what I had thought of back in april.

But I need some help from someone like Edith or SoulonIce who know about old movies

and Yuichi's make-up artist GF for tips.

I would like to appear to be IN black and white so

Im thinking something along the lines of Louise Brooks.
    or a b&w film star from that era.

I have a black wig that is similar to her look. I figure a black dress would be easier than gray or white. I paint so I think I just need black and white make-up to work the gray scale on my face and arms.

I have no direct connection or admiration to Louise Brooks that was just an idea.

Does anyone have any favorite stars that might be easy to pull this look off??

I think they should have strictly blond or black hair to make it easier...I dont want to use the spray shit I just want to wear a wig.

I am open to suggestions for silent film stars or ladies that looked great in shades of gray. So suggestions up into the 60's is cool.

Maybe I could be the chick from the Birds and put a stuffed blackbird that we have on my shoulder

please to go with louise brooks because she is thee best

seriously, if i was a skinny white gurl i would go for that myself. but anna may wong has it going on too

• I think we all know who will win best costume this year.....

MR. CASUAL

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    this shit killed years back.....may have to do some recycling.

That Rick Neilsen idea is off the Frickin' hook, btw.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Fresh. I'm glad you found another use for the infamous blonde wig from your Red Couch Diaries period.