American Flag gets cut down by angry vet.

2»

Comments

• Tito Santana says....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Idiots Round The World.......

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Folding the flag means taking care of the nation.
    Folding the flag is putting it to bed for the night.
    I fell through a hole in the flag
    I'm falling through a hole in the flag
    Help!

Don't put it down
    Best one around
    Crazy for the red blue and white
    Crazy for the red blue and white

You look at me
    What do you see
    Crazy for the white red and blue
    Crazy for the white red and blue

Cause I look different
    You think I'm subversive
    Crazy for the blue white and red

My heart beats true
    For the red white and blue
    And yellow fringe
    Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
    Don??t Put It Down

Did anyone ask the owner if he knew he was displaying the flag wrong? Did anyone ask him why he was doing that? Did anyone ask him to change the way he is flying the flag? A lot of anger can be disapated when people talk to each other.

I cosign on what 2ply said.

I always think that Soulhawks avatar is the Israeli flag. That ever happen to anyone else?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    What is it with these morons and their obsession with symbols? It's a piece of cloth. I thought God said that you shouldn't worship any graven images?

It's kind of sad that people still wave this shit around. I live in liberal Southern California and I see this crap sometimes. Hell, my local liquor store (owned by a Mexican family) sell bandanas/doo-rags as counter impulse buys, a couple of them being Confederate rag themed.

WOW.

Did you read the comments? I never would have thought these assholes could be found on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3gI0i3Y5wY

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Soulhawks avatar

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=220102931015

that's ok, apparently I look Jewish too, when I lived in NYC Lubbavichers used to mistakenly try to grab me on the street to come pray in the 'Mosiach Now' RV

"come get in touch with your faith..."

"uh, I'm not Jewish"

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

WOW.

Did you read the comments? I never would have thought these assholes could be found on youtube...

haha. yeah!

"And I'll be singing 'God Save the South' with my dieing breath."

"That flag represents heritage of the greatest military accomplishment in the history of the western hemisphere."

"whoever made this video can go suck a dick. if u dont like the confederate flag, that is fine. but dont show disrespect to pplz who fly it with pride. if you were actualy smart, you would kno that it dosnt stand for hate agenst black people or for slavery. it is about heratage and how you wer raised"

Reading the Insane Clown Posse fans, of all people, and the rebel rag supporters duke it out was funny too.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Reading the Insane Clown Posse fans, of all people, and the rebel rag supporters duke it out was funny too.

When even the juggalos think you're ignorant, that's as pathetic as it gets.

• "That flag represents heritage of the greatest military accomplishment in the history of the western hemisphere."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I find it interesting that Ulysses S. Asshurt in the
    original video was so willing to just throw the flag
    of Mexico on the ground like so much trash. I mean, it's
    one thing that he's upset about the improper flying of the
    US flag, but apparently his respect for flags and nations
    doesn't extend beyond his own. How surprising.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ulysses S. Asshurt

!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I guess the positions of the two flags plays right into the fears of some Americans that the US is turning into Mexico North - an immigration invasion, rather than a military one.

That's pretty much what that was all about....

Old dude had a right to be pissed because that was a shitty move by the business owners .....BUT he also deserved to get his face kicked in for Frickin' with their property.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Frickin'

edit strut ?!?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

To this man it is worth getting so worked up over it. If he really is a Vietnam vet, he very likely went through some of the most horrific experiences a person can go through.

and coming over here illegally is a cake-walk.

Where did I compare that guy's theoretical plight to the very real plight Hispanics and Latinos deal with every day? I am definitely not siding with the guy. I was just trying to answer the original poster's question by explaining reasons why that man was so worked up.

Can we get a "Read ---> Comprehend ---> Post" graemlin?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"That flag represents heritage of the greatest military accomplishment in the history of the western hemisphere."

Yeah, I don't get that one. The Confederates lost, so what accomplishment is he referring to?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Yeah, I don't get that one. The Confederates lost, so what accomplishment is he referring to?

Firing on Fort Sumter? Luring the US Army into hostile territory where picking them off would be easy? Surrendering militarily but continuing to oppress Blacks to this day? Filling the US Congress and White house and Supreme Court with thinly veiled racists who support the Confederate cause in action while decrying it in words?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

is it really worth getting so worked up over it?

Since you're asking an honest question, I'll give you an honest answer:

To this man it is worth getting so worked up over it. If he really is a Vietnam vet, he very likely went through some of the most horrific experiences a person can go through. He may have even committed atrocities himself, under orders from an authority he trusted. Trying to reconcile such extreme circumstances with the life he leads now, in the States, no doubt causes a lot of cognitive dissonance. So many acts of war are completely unjustifiable when applied to normal, everyday life, making it nearly impossible for some vets to apply a realistic, healthy perspective to their everyday dealings with others.

In all likelihood, this man is not really upset about the flag. Rather, I'm guessing he's furiously trying to reconcile or justify his past actions and experiences to a population that may have little or no idea what he's been through.

Hi.

I was discussing this video with an American friend of mine, his take was an interesting one, building on yours Twoply, and i thought id share it:

He reasons that the guy in the video is in a heightened state of emotion right now, as are a lot of Vietnam vets because of all the war talk and the negativity surrounding the image of the American army at the moment, this negative climate is bringing back memories of when the Vietnam vets received less than a heroes welcome upon returning to a divided nation from the most traumatic experience of their lives.

It makes sense, im not sure if it goes all the way in explaining the reaction of ZZ top in the video (and the camera crew who 'just happened' to be there at the right time).

but it did give me a better understanding of the situation.

• is it really worth getting so worked up over it?

To this man it is worth getting so worked up over it. If he really is a Vietnam vet, he very likely went through some of the most horrific experiences a person can go through. He may have even committed atrocities himself, under orders from an authority he trusted. Trying to reconcile such extreme circumstances with the life he leads now, in the States, no doubt causes a lot of cognitive dissonance. So many acts of war are completely unjustifiable when applied to normal, everyday life, making it nearly impossible for some vets to apply a realistic, healthy perspective to their everyday dealings with others.

In all likelihood, this man is not really upset about the flag. Rather, I'm guessing he's furiously trying to reconcile or justify his past actions and experiences to a population that may have little or no idea what he's been through.

Hi.

I was discussing this video with an American friend of mine, his take was an interesting one, building on yours Twoply, and i thought id share it:

He reasons that the guy in the video is in a heightened state of emotion right now, as are a lot of Vietnam vets because of all the war talk and the negativity surrounding the image of the American army at the moment, this negative climate is bringing back memories of when the Vietnam vets received less than a heroes welcome upon returning to a divided nation from the most traumatic experience of their lives.

It makes sense, im not sure if it goes all the way in explaining the reaction of ZZ top in the video (and the camera crew who 'just happened' to be there at the right time).

Sounds like the both you guys are riding for dude.

• Cuando est?? volada con la bandera nacional de otros pa??ses, cada bandera se debe exhibir de un poste separado de la misma altura. Cada bandera debe ser del mismo taman-o. Deben ser levantados y ser bajados simult??neamente. La bandera de una naci??n no se puede exhibir sobre el de otra naci??n.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Not at all.

I was just looking for any reason as to why someone would take something that i consider to be nothing so seriously, the two i got made sense to me, that does not mean that i agree with what Gandalf did.

I am on Bill Hicks' team.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

is it really worth getting so worked up over it?

Hi.

Seriously, you shouldn't think that. I feel for the Mexicans who are doing their thing, trying to make a living to support their families. Where I live there is a disgusting amount of racism and bigotry towards Mexicans, and I have no desire to justify or rationalize that sort of attitude or behavior. I was simply trying to provide some background to explain why someone could possibly reach such an extreme.

No beef, dude. I don't blame y'all for ridiculing the guy.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    A friend of mine works at Baltimore's Flag and Star-Spangled Banner Museum and always has great stories about assorted nuts that regularly call up the museum to report incidents of damaged flags, improperly hung flags, and even acts of disrespect toward flags, as if the museum's administrative phone number is some sort of 911 emergency center and they're gonna send out some kind of response team in the ghostbusters car.

• is it really worth getting so worked up over it?

Hi.

Seriously, you shouldn't think that. I feel for the Mexicans who are doing their thing, trying to make a living to support their families. Where I live there is a disgusting amount of racism and bigotry towards Mexicans, and I have no desire to justify or rationalize that sort of attitude or behavior. I was simply trying to provide some background to explain why someone could possibly reach such an extreme.

No beef, dude. I don't blame y'all for ridiculing the guy.

Oh for sure, but I don't understand why even bother trying to even understand the guy, dudes a nut-job.