The Blue Man Group and.... Mike Relm?

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I just went to the Blue Man Group show the other night... Not something I'd normally go to, but my friend won tickets and she didn't want them.I had seen a PBS special on them, and it was kinda interesting, so I figured I'd check it. Got there a little late... and while trying to get a beer, I hear scratching... not something I had expected to hear.So I check it out, and Mike Relm was the opening act. This was a pleasant surprise... I was pretty impressed as he rocked a crowd of 5 to 80 year olds in North Dakota (with the exception of the little girl sitting in back of me, she got scared when he played a Zeplin song). Even played a song with the Blue Man Group. When the band was being introduced toward the end of the show, I noticed he got more applause than anyone which was cool.Anyhow, what a weird gig to get hooked up with... Is anyone here really into the Blue Man Group? Anyone ever follow them around for a few years aftyer college or anything?Peace...FNM

Comments

• I would never, ever go willingly to see this show.

• It was like an experiment...

I pretended I was seeing it to write a review for a local zine I'm not affiliated with.

Anyhow, it was kind of cool aside from the backing band who I couldnt really get into. If it was a little more out there and alien-like, it'd be better, but then they wouldn't have families with kids showing up.

Anyhow, it was worth it to see all these middle age squares getting down. I felt like a bit of a party pooper, because I wouldn't scream and yell and jump up and down when everyone else was.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    who?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Is anyone here really into the Blue Man Group?

I'm friends with an ex-blue man. I think he fucked his knee up and couldn't do it anymore. They would be one of the greatest things in the world if their tickets cost about $60-70 less.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Also I liked the Blue Man jokes in Arrested Development

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

"blue man group is like catnip for old people"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"Have you ever seen that Blue Man Group? Total rip-off of the Smurfs! And the Smurfs...they suck!"

• Also I liked the Blue Man jokes in Arrested Development

Actually one of my reasons for wanting the free tickets.