St. Louis Headz: Food Strut WTF

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
All up and down MLK in St. Louis are Chop Suey restaurants....not a few....a BUTTLOAD of 'em.....I'm talkin 15-20 in a 10 block area.Never saw anything like this anywhere else in the country.St. Louis folks plaese to educate me on your Chop Suey phenomena.And where is THE best spot to try some out??

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What the hell is "Chop Suey" anyway? It is NOT Chinese food. I have never eaten this stuff or seen it on a menu in a Chinese restaurant.

• My cousin is one of Cedric the Entertainer's lawyers in St. Louis. Cedric and his entourage talk about eating at the "chinaman's"...referring to the of Chop Suey joints on Delmar...quite a bit.

• I wouldn't eat at half of them....

at least we don't have a cat problem anymore.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I wouldn't eat at half of them....

But what is it???

Please describe what St. Louis Chop Suey is??

There was a show on the Food Network this week that featured "American Chop Suey" somewhere in Maine.

It was basically macaroni, beef and tomato sauce??

• I wouldn't eat at half of them....

But what is it???

There was a show on the Food Network this week that featured "American Chop Suey" somewhere in Maine.

Chinese mixed dish with meat (pork, chicken, shrimp, beef) cooked quickly with vegetables.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I wouldn't eat at half of them....

But what is it???

Chinese mixed dish with meat (pork, chicken, shrimp, beef) cooked quickly with vegetables.

It is NOT a Chinese dish. It is some sort of made up American food and I still don't know what the hell it is.

• st louis = ham fried rice, bologna fried rice, st paul samwiches etc
    they fry their rice with much soy sauce
    i would try the one by the starbucks across from euclid records or around the u city/delmar ave
    area (the one with the picture of sgt carter from gomer pyle is alright)
    i mostly know the north county/ferguson-normandy ones