Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
whats good?

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Baller 80's Boogie Funk from Japan.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    80's Jap pop?

I remember I grabbed a torrent a few years back titled "WICKED 80's Jap PoP"

It wasn't that wicked...

But I was just listening to some Toshiki Kadomatsu and enjoying my evening.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Toshiki Kadomatsu

Damn, this is FYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Produced by dude from Light of the World. Dope.

By the way - for those that are familiar - that's why "London Town" and "LA Night" are basically the exact same song.

I'm not down with alot of his stuff. But there are some chunes out there.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm not down with alot of his stuff. But there are some chunes out there.

Dancing Shower is making me lose my mind. I need more of this ish.

• remember that one japanese chick that did a album with donny wahlberg of nkotb? yeah, my sister had that cd.

Produced by dude from Light of the World. Dope.

I was just listening to that LP the other day. LA Nights will always be a classic.

The one great thing about the 80's was many establish artist/musicians went out to japan and dropped some quality shit.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Give this a shot:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    remember that one japanese chick that did a album with donny wahlberg of nkotb? yeah, my sister had that cd.

LOL! Matsuda Seiko. She is still mad popular in Japan. A few years back I was walking by Budokan in Tokyo and there were huge posters of her all over the place. She had a sold out show there that night!

• Shit.. this stuff is actually listenable.. I am talking about the real terrible shit.. more along the lines of children music sounding shit... as a refference point plaese see.. THIS

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    People, please, don't let this thread die so easily.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

That rhythm section is

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Anri! FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a fool for posting this one HAZ. I will have to post some joints in this thread when I get home from the barber shop.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    People, please, don't let this thread die so easily.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    dont sleep on the early 70s stuff either...arrangers and producers seemed to have a "why the fuck not" attitude...ridiculous fuzz in the most mellow of tunes, insane arrangements with WTF? turnarounds/bridges...some crazy shit out there...Marai Anzai, Miki Hiriyama, Saori Minami, Jun Mayazumi....

• Baller 80's Boogie Funk from Japan.

I'll sell you this...

Marcofunk bought it for over $1000...

I'll sell it to you for $800... that's a helluva deal.

Peace...
    FNM