Question about three crosses - Klan related?????

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Having spent a week in New Orleans at the same Hotel as the Southern Baptist Convention I can tell you that not only does Christianity welcome African Americans with open arms, I believe they give bonus points based on the size of your hat.

I think dude was talmbout Catholic ,specifically. Not the whole kit-n-kaboodle.

I would think that most of those ignoramous Klan folk would call themselves Baptists down here in the South????

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

you sound christian

• Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

Klan members are christians and Al Queda members are muslims. but not all christians are klan members and not all muslims are al queda.... we get it.

or should somebody draw one of those intersecting circle graphs?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No, saying that Islam is an "Al Qaeda thing" would be ignorant; saying the inverse is an accurate statement.

Al Qaeda represents one vision of Islam just as the Klan represents one vision of Christianity. It may not be an interpretation that you care for, but that doesn't erase it from existence.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

you sound christian

I was raised as a Catholic, and I continue to believe that religous teachings of all kinds are a good thing to have in your life.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first, until I saw it moving and flapping. Pretty cool! The jellyfish I thought was a plastic bag at first and went to pull it out, but caught myself in time. Yikes - they are strange! What is all that stuff they're just trailing? I like how you can see right in and look at their innards and whatnot.

• Saying the KKK is a "Christian thing" is like saying Al Queda is an "Islamic thing" -- very ignorant.

you sound christian

I was raised as a Catholic, and I continue to believe that religous teachings of all kinds are a good thing to have in your life.

Why?

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    the Klan is vehemently anti-Black so calling the KKK 'a christian thing' is wildly on point. don't try to argue some technicality, just back out of the room slowly.

The first 'Christian nation' was Ethiopia...by their own design. This was prior to Romanization and the Christianization of Europe. So, Christianity being anti-black is a myth. American protestants were also big abolitionists (though some were pro-slavery). thats not to say that some haven't done racists things in the name of Christianity...but the religion is most definitely not anti-black.

save your breath, you're arguing against people whose worldview is about as nuanced as the cartoon characters in their avatars...

1) there's a big difference between ethiopia and the americanized adoption of christianity.

2) the first black institution in the U.S. was the black church (yes, a christian one) so i am aware that christianity is not inherently anti-black. America is inherently anti-black.

3) my statement above in editing dude's quote was a joke, so no, you shouldn't waste your breath. besides, i have a ridiculous avatar so i can't possibly know more than all the wikipedia you cross-reference in between posts.

4) world view is two words. its not a compound word, like say, dickhead.

now let's turn this innocent post into an all-out race-related post because that's what this board needs more of.

you sound christian

ALL KINDS?

you sure?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    innocent post

lol.

there's no such thing.

• I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first

That's ray-sist!

• Hail Satan! Everybody is getting itching fingers.... religious baiting.... ooooh its coming.... SOULSTRUT ARMAGEDDON!!!!!! YES!!!! LETS ARGUE ABOUT RELIGION!!!!

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first, until I saw it moving and flapping. Pretty cool! The jellyfish I thought was a plastic bag at first and went to pull it out, but caught myself in time. Yikes - they are strange! What is all that stuff they're just trailing? I like how you can see right in and look at their innards and whatnot.

sting-rays are the oreos of the sea world. can't truss em...

• I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first

That's ray-sist!

zing?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first

That's ray-sist!

zing?

ray-SIST?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Klan members are christians and Al Queda members are muslims. but not all christians are klan members and not all muslims are al queda.... we get it.

or should somebody draw one of those intersecting circle graphs?

Racist Venn diagram-Strut?

Another critter story which is not so pleasant is this: we got into Newport News pretty late and were so tired that we stopped at the first hotel that looked half-way decent - the Ramada Inn. They had a bar off the lobby and karaoke night was in half-swing. It was the kind of night that we would have really enjoyed a drink at a random hotel bar.

We get in the room and it's crap. Up to then, we had been staying at all kinds of cheap places that were super clean and comfortable. We were so bummed and we were so tired that we both just didn't say anything. I checked under the sink, which no one bothered to finish enclosing, for roaches and though there were no bugs, there was a messagwe written on the plywood in case anyone like me looked under there, "God loves you!".

I remembered a show I saw on bed bugs in hotels and motels and I started to check the bed. I found one and we grabbed our shit and got the hell out of there. I got my money reimbursed and we went to an Econolodge down the street for $10 less and 10x cleaner.

That's ray-sist!

The fearsome, 6'4" Black Manta and Aquaman battled repeatedly over the next several years. During one of these clashes, it was revealed that Black Manta was actually an African-American man (which is why he called himself Black Manta), whose stated objective at one point was for black people to be dominant in the ocean after having been oppressed for so long on dry land (though this goal was revealed to be a ruse he used to trick Cal Durham into following him, and this objective was not at all evident in either his earlier or later appearances).

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    People here should start speaking on what they ostensibly know, like records, and leave other subjects alone.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    most hotels only change the bed sheets, but never that heavy coverlet thing, even in the cleanest hotels you gotta pull that thing off & throw it in the corner.

---

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    most hotels only change the bed sheets, but never that heavy coverlet thing, even in the cleanest hotels you gotta pull that thing off & throw it in the corner.

---

I've heard they only wash the pillows & blankets once a year. Yikes.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Another critter story which is not so pleasant is this: we got into Newport News pretty late and were so tired that we stopped at the first hotel that looked half-way decent - the Ramada Inn. They had a bar off the lobby and karaoke night was in half-swing. It was the kind of night that we would have really enjoyed a drink at a random hotel bar.

We get in the room and it's crap. Up to then, we had been staying at all kinds of cheap places that were super clean and comfortable. We were so bummed and we were so tired that we both just didn't say anything. I checked under the sink, which no one bothered to finish enclosing, for roaches and though there were no bugs, there was a messagwe written on the plywood in case anyone like me looked under there, "God loves you!".

I remembered a show I saw on bed bugs in hotels and motels and I started to check the bed. I found one and we grabbed our shit and got the hell out of there. I got my money reimbursed and we went to an Econolodge down the street for $10 less and 10x cleaner.

That sucks, but better to move then to take bed bugs back home with you.

• :5pager:

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I also saw a sting-ray and a jellyfish when I was swimming in Chesapeake Bay. The sting-ray really caught me off guard - I thought it was a rock at first

That's ray-sist!

zing?

ray-SIST?

Ray-sism kills.

I bring my own pillow.

You have to check the mattress - the really tight spots like where the piping is sewn into the mattress, also along the headboards, the sheets, and the blankets.

No matter how clean the place, I can't really bear to put my bare feet on hotel carpetting/floors.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    :5pager:

Fantastic prediction, over 4 pages deep. How do[/b] you do it?

That sucks, but better to move then to take bed bugs back home with you.

Seriously. The show I saw, this couple stayed at a pretty nice place that had them and then their whole apartment got infested.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I bring my own pillow.

You have to check the mattress - the really tight spots like where the piping is sewn into the mattress, also along the headboards, the sheets, and the blankets.

No matter how clean the place, I can't really bear to put my bare feet on hotel carpetting/floors.

Well, you know where I work. I'll tell you this, beg bugs are becoming a massive problem lately & I know some places that had to shut down business for months & lose fortunes on account of these critters. The chemicals that used to kill em have been banned for health reasons. Carpets are a bad look. I've been pushing for the switch to hardwood & waiting to hear what management thinks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No, saying that Islam is an "Al Qaeda thing" would be ignorant; saying the inverse is an accurate statement.

Al Qaeda represents one vision of Islam just as the Klan represents one vision of Christianity. It may not be an interpretation that you care for, but that doesn't erase it from existence.

The difference being that most "mainstream" Christian leaders have come out against the Klan and their type of ignorance.