80 blocks from tiffany's-ytr-complete movie

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
chopped intro 8 partsgit herehttp://www.youtube.com/user/mpc60II

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    hell yeah! Thanks for posting this! Been wanting to see the entire thing for a while now.

• gunnmgunnm 25 Posts
    this is mpc60II say hi to the strutters!
    since the topic was brought up here, i just want to ask if any strutter can shoot me a copy of Flyin' Cut Sleeves or Lefty - Erinnerung an einen Toten in Brooklyn.

• Lefty - Erinnerung an einen Toten in Brooklyn.

I've asked about this and made some posts on here before about it. It's a hard one to find and i haven't had any luck.

There's some sites that mentioned it, but someone on here translated them for me and they seemed to just be old lists of german playlists. Nothing that actually sold it.

• It's a hard one to find and i haven't had any luck.

I've been after it for a while too - saw some academic library on-line that rents the VHS for $75 a week/ $250 to buy. If anyone gets a copy, I'd really like to see this film.

Peace,
    MCF

• All three films mentioned are classics and most def worth a watch. I heard some rumours about a new film in the making with some archival footage about one of NYC gangs from that era.

Dress

• thanks for posting this...great film

• fuck yeah.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    since the topic was brought up here, i just want to ask if any strutter can shoot me a copy of Flyin' Cut Sleeves or Lefty - Erinnerung an einen Toten in Brooklyn.

thanks for putting that stuff up!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'm halfway through I>Can't Stop Won't Stop/I> so this is very well appreciated.
    Is there anyway to get this & Flying Cut Sleeves on DVD?
    Even the local DVD dude can't get 'em!

• this is mpc60II say hi to the strutters!

Any chance of posting this as a z-share file? I can't sit and watch long clips on youtube and I would love to have a copy of this. Any chance of getting a download?

Or anybody know where you can pick this up? It looks like it's only on vhs so far and I'm not paying $45 for a vhs. Maybe I'll fish around some of those bootleg sites.

• this is mpc60II say hi to the strutters!

Any chance of posting this as a z-share file? I can't sit and watch long clips on youtube and I would love to have a copy of this. Any chance of getting a download?

Or anybody know where you can pick this up? It looks like it's only on vhs so far and I'm not paying $45 for a vhs. Maybe I'll fish around some of those bootleg sites.

it's on dvd. I'll pm you the place in a day or two.

• after recently seeing this film, i was left nonplussed re: whether this was all "real" documentary-type footage, scripted, or a bit of both. i'm specifically referring to the lead pliceman character/person.

• gunnmgunnm 25 Posts

I did upload the movie for somebody on youtube, but the link was dead now. I'll try to reup it in a day or two.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    thanks for posting this...great film

word. great shit man. thanks!

• Great film!! Thanks for posting.

on Flyin' Cut Sleeves[/b]. Need to find that. I love Chalfant's work on Style Wars.

• By the way folls should watch "aint gonna eat my mind" as well. A film about the big peace meeting between the NYC gangs.

Footage from that meeting can also be seen in either "80 blocks..." or "flyin cut sleeves". Forgot which...

Dress

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Hollywood needs to remake this. I'd be a perfect Fly. I could also probably pull off Horse or Comanche.

- spidey

• gunnm YOU ARE THE MAN! name what you need and i'll try to help. Appreciate it.

• although some of those mirrored sites are hard to get working I was able to grab them all. Thanks so much for doing that.

• errrrr..... Am I the only one having problems with the sound????/

It plays about the first second of each video then cuts out completely.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    errrrr..... Am I the only one having problems with the sound????/

It plays about the first second of each video then cuts out completely.

Just downloaded all the parts and did a quick flipthrough. No problems here. I am using VLC player.

@gunnm - thanks a lot for taking the time to hook this up. Good looking out. I'm gonna paste this shit together now and give it a proper viewing at work wednesday night.

• Anyone who wants a beautiful DVD copy with extras, just PM me for details.

• Whats the extras?

Dress

• Vintage commercials, JD trailers, and classroom drug scare films.

• Aight thanks but I dont need it then since I already have the film.

Peace,

Dress