keith moon is not mike myers

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
so i've heard about the Ian Curtis biopic, and Cheadle as Miles Davis is perhaps doable, but Mike Myers as Keith Moon is really really fucking odd. i guess they look kinda similar, but i just don't see dude pulling it off.nyt link
Thanks in large part to the successes of ???Ray??? and ???Walk the Line,??? that cinematic tightrope will be attempted many times in the coming months. On Friday ???La Vie en Rose,??? with Marion Cotillard as the hard-drinking Parisian chanteuse ??dith Piaf, opens in New York and Los Angeles. On Aug. 1 there will be ???El Cantante,??? starring Marc Anthony as the salsa king Hector Lavoe, whose struggle with drugs cut his life short. This fall Todd Haynes???s ???I???m Not There??? will offer a fanciful take on Bob Dylan. Also completed is ???Control,??? about Ian Curtis, the Joy Division frontman, who committed suicide, which has been picked up for an American release by the Weinstein Company. And then there are the films in development, including a Janis Joplin biopic starring Zooey Deschanel, Don Cheadle???s portrait of Miles Davis and a project about Keith Moon, the Who???s drummer, starring Mike Myers.

Comments

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    yeah...This definitely has potential to be cartoonish and horrid.Is he gonna do his Austin Powers accent for the movie?I mean c'mon.

Is this really in the works? I've been hearing rumours about this for years.

I hear Charles Durning is playing Bobby Fischer in the new biopic Portrait of a Prodigy

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i guess they look kinda similar, but i just don't see dude pulling it off.

isn't that movie about iggy (played by elijah wood) supposed to come out this year?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I think Mike Myers can pull it off. Myers was about the only bright spot, playing the club owner, in that movie Studio 54.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    let's get the Dylan biopic started.

Sandler is a shoe-in.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    let's get the Dylan biopic started.

Sandler is a shoe-in.

• I heard that Terrance Howard might be playing James Brown. I don't know who I'd pick, but it probably wouldn't be him.