PARK SLOPE- WHAT'S HOOD?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I used to live there. Lesbian couples with Asian babies for days.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Moving in June 8!

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    I thought Cosby Show was supposed to be in Bed-Stuy?

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Moving in June 8!

Moving out in July. Back to Brighton Beach. Going to miss the Sashimi Tuna Pizza @ Kiku. No records in the slope.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sheeeeit. i found the entire 99 records catalog plus a GANG of dub shit for $1 each at a stoop sale on president st.

Moving in June 8!

Moving out in July. Back to Brighton Beach. Going to miss the Sashimi Tuna Pizza @ Kiku. No records in the slope.

Well, there's the record man on 9th and 5th which is kinda hit or miss, then there's Somethin' Else on 5th Ave down near Blue Ribbon sushi, which is surprisingly good in the dollar bins and recent arrivals.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

Well, there's the record man on 9th and 5th which is kinda hit or miss, then there's Somethin' Else on 5th Ave down near Blue Ribbon sushi, which is surprisingly good in the dollar bins and recent arrivals.

there's also been an OK crop of records @ weekend flea on 7th???definitely hit or miss, but there is a dude larry who shows up lately w/ 20 or so crates to peruse.
    Don't sleep on stoop sales, a couple of these have led to decent house calls???

Get familiar w/ Gorilla Coffee, Tamari + Geido for Japanese, and Bierkraft for fine ales.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I thought Cosby Show was supposed to be in Bed-Stuy?

it is, I just wanted an excuse to post that

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the salvo on flatbush
    the methodist hospital on 7th ave where i was born
    back to the land for veggie eats
    southpaw firetrap when squarepusher and kenny mohomad jammed improv and i gave kenny a ride home after the gig 4 am in the rain

• is that an actual pic of your block? nice work. someday I'll make it accross flatbush ave... ha.

but also, cosignage about there being records to find in the slope. mad stoop sales. and sometimes the flea is golden. thing is, it's so cotdamn beautiful to walk around there, that my thoughts tend to drift momentarily away from record hording.

the CO-OP!!! organic goods, wholesale prices. can't endorse enough. i love that hood.

not that I don't like my hood (3 blocks away), but, I got jumped last friday for the first time... was in court all morning. shit was waaaaack.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    definitely wish i could afford that but am moving across the park to crown heights in june. i'll make my way across for stoop sales and co-op veggies if i can navigate past the baby stroller gridlock by the tea lounge.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    sheeeeit. i found the entire 99 records catalog plus a GANG of dub shit for $1 each at a stoop sale on president st.

indeed. the random stoop sales start popping off this time of year as usual. And something else has a nice selection of reggae reissues and dollar bin jazz joints. I guess as usual its about timing. Just missed the 5th avenue street fair this past week. you have the atlantic ave. antic coming up real soon. The best part of the area is the Park. Being close to a park like prospect is a blessing. Great place all year round. My dogs love the dog wading pool. Even though most owners bug out when they see a 65 pound american bulldog fly head on into the water.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I love my neighborhood. I'm not in Park Slope but I'm close enough to it to get the full experience. St. John's & Wash, which is the real too.

I don't ever want to live anywhere else.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    That neighborhood was too far from Manhattan for me. No car, and the F is on that bullshit, but I lived on the Windsor Terrace side.

• I love my neighborhood. I'm not in Park Slope but I'm close enough to it to get the full experience. St. John's & Wash, which is the real too.

snap. you're on my block. I love it too. just recent events have made me act more like a geezer. you seen the little pool of dried blood under the scafolding? towards Underhill? that's mine.

all good though. next time I organize a nighttime capture the flag game in the park, all strut-slope-heights-heads will get the invite.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I love my neighborhood. I'm not in Park Slope but I'm close enough to it to get the full experience. St. John's & Wash, which is the real too.

snap. you're on my block. I love it too. just recent events have made me act more like a geezer. you seen the little pool of dried blood under the scafolding? towards Underhill? that's mine.

all good though. next time I organize a nighttime capture the flag game in the park, all strut-slope-heights-heads will get the invite.

OH SNAPP! whatchall know abour SALYER

definitely wish i could afford that but am moving across the park to crown heights in june. i'll make my way across for stoop sales and co-op veggies if i can navigate past the baby stroller gridlock by the tea lounge.

HOLLUR! I'm off the Franklin 2/3/4 stop.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

the CO-OP!!! organic goods, wholesale prices.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    al di da

get there before 6 or else you have to wait.

also, don't forget to feed ayres' cat.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    WHOA! Didn't know so many heads are from around there. I lived in Prospect Heights (96-01) and now I'm moving back to New York in July and have a sublet in the Slope. Was acctually thinking I didn't want to head back there- but oddly enough the movie "Squid and the Whale" made me re-think that.

• Im in bedstuy, I use to live in Clinton hill, but my rent was sky-high ( fuck that, my ish was weed high), so I had to downsize. Luckily, I found a dope ass spot in bedstuy, and the block is cool as shit.

DOPEJAMS(record store on myrtle ave) is not that far, and halcyon has good stuff, but I miss THAI 101 and the Pillow lounge(their muffins are sick)....but I'm still in the circle of everything.

www.myspace.com/ishnockbaptisterock
    www.swanksociety.com

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm up on 2 yrs in the slope after four in Prospect Heights, but I'm moving to Germany in August... Anybody need a furnished 2 year sublet?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    stanky!!!! how's things????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bananas... Trying to get this move crackin'.

"Desert island record brings" b/w "I can't get below 250 must-haves"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hey fred. whats the rent on that place?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    "Desert island record brings" b/w "I can't get below 250 must-haves"

I got dibs on all Mohawk and other Duluth, MN finds.