White Denim Yay or Nay?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I know alot of you mofos are some IRF-TONE color wearin dudes, but what's the word?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I know alot of you mofos are some IRF-TONE color wearin dudes, but what's the word?

Nay

But what is the garment in question and what are you thinking about pairing it with?

I mean, if you're trying to go summery, I think you would be better served by other fabrics.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    No. It is not even in the same ballpark as white linen. It is just not acceptable for dudes.

White denim should only be worn by women who also sport thumb rings.

No. It is not even in the same ballpark as white linen. It is just not acceptable for dudes.

I intuit that he intends to pair it with some squared-toed boots with buckles and a black Sioxsie and the Banshees t-shirt with pink highlights.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• Perhaps if I were a member of Blackstreet.

Am I the only person that is anticipating an impassioned defense of white denim from the one deej?

Am I the only person that is anticipating an impassioned defense of white denim from the one deej Rock[/b]?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    no white pants, unless it's halloween or part of your religion.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

That's a definite no-no, too Daffy (keep those pot handles turned in)!

Personally, I think jeans should remain blue. No black, no white, and definitely none of that wine-red/forest green junk from the early 90s. But I'm a simple kind of guy, fashion-wise.

Am I the only person that is anticipating an impassioned defense of white denim from the one deej Rock[/b]?

To be worn w/ faded harley t-shirt that has the sleeves ripped off.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Please. Like he'd even click on this thread.

This is strictly for the s and those who like to clown on them.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Am I the only person that is anticipating an impassioned defense of white denim from the one deej?

off point
    your attempts to picture me in yr minds eye are touching tho.

white denim is nasty
    it is funny to remember mid-90s overall styles tho - nice work, blackstreet

the most impassioned defense white denim will get is if you are a painter they are permissable. as in a dude who paints houses, not an 'artiste'

off point
    your attempts to picture me in yr minds eye are touching tho.

white denim is nasty
    it is funny to remember mid-90s overall styles tho - nice work, blackstreet

the most impassioned defense white denim will get is if you are a painter they are permissable. as in a dude who paints houses, not an 'artiste'

So the pen is mightier than the sword my lord
    My first picture was a line-up, now I'm on the Forbes
    I still remain the
    artiste through these all
    If you force my hand, I'll be forced to draw
    If the war calls for Warhols
    Hope you got enough space on your halls walls
    I make n****s murals, then escape the bureaus

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Nay

But what is the garment in question and what are you thinking about pairing it with?

I mean, if you're trying to go summery, I think you would be better served by other fabrics.

Cool just wondering?

I was walkin past Boomingdales and saw this display of white denim joints - pants/shirts/jackets.

It looks a little too Euro/Chelsea/Stuff Magazine for me but I pondered the "flip possibilities"

So the pen is mightier than the sword my lord
    My first picture was a line-up, now I'm on the Forbes
    I still remain the
    artiste through these all
    If you force my hand, I'll be forced to draw
    If the war calls for Warhols
    Hope you got enough space on your halls walls
    I make n****s murals, then escape the bureaus

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Borderline acceptable, if not necessarily advisable, for women. Unacceptable for men since the early 80's. Unless, that is, you are a committed, Vespa-riding Mod, and even then there are plenty of other things you could be wearing which are less likely to result in your taste and judgement being called into question.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

who would boink that?? or either of them??

im glad they found each other.

ps: white jeans/pants= NO[/b]

peace.

elise from Kakalakala

To be worn w/ faded harley t-shirt that has the sleeves ripped off.

Traditionalists will argue that wearing white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day is inappropriate and impractical, but as today's jet-set lifestyle informs the way we dress, white has become a classic neutral, nearly as seasonless as black. It is wise to keep in mind location and temperature when you choose your whites, as an all-white ensemble will be preferable in a warm climate or in a location by the ocean. For those who live everywhere else, a simple pair of white jeans (straight leg or bootcut) is the most direct route to white-wearing perfection. For tops, consider the benefits of soft, pima cotton and linen???worn loose and somewhat rumpled for more personality.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Traditionalists will argue that wearing white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day is inappropriate and impractical, but as today's jet-set lifestyle informs the way we dress, white has become a classic neutral, nearly as seasonless as black. It is wise to keep in mind location and temperature when you choose your whites, as an all-white ensemble will be preferable in a warm climate or in a location by the ocean. For those who live everywhere else, a simple pair of white jeans (straight leg or bootcut) is the most direct route to white-wearing perfection. For tops, consider the benefits of soft, pima cotton and linen???worn loose and somewhat rumpled for more personality.

Rock - Bounty Hunter?

LOLOLOL

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

not in style. not fashionable.

white pants, on the other hand, look ok if you are either: 1) in the navy; 2) a chef; 3) a valet at a country club; or 4) dressing up for Halloween as Judge Snails (sp?) from Caddyshack

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    If you are Paul Weller or Keith Moon you can get away with it.

It looks a little too Euro/Chelsea/Stuff Magazine for me but I pondered the "flip possibilities"

You were planning to draw on it?

If you are Paul Weller or Keith Moon you can get away with it.

I don't think Keith Moon can pull that look off anymore.

Draw meaning reference or break out the Pilot marker?

Draw meaning reference or break out the Pilot marker?

The latter: