Fave zombie movie(s)

2»

Comments

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    Nothing is ever fucking with the OG Dawn.
    NOTHING.
    EVER.

That remake wasn't exactly horrible I guess.
    But it WAS extremely forgettable.

I hate to say it, but Romero's Land of the Dead was even worse.
    How is it possible for someone like that to fall off SO damn hard??
    Worst Zombie joint yet?

I've been saying for years that they need to make a Zombie flick set on Treasure Island in the Bay.
    I think it's all repopulated now, but about 5 years back it would've been perfect.
    All deserted and shit.
    Done on the cheap - all handheld / filmed during the day with SF in the background =

• Cosine on Versus and Wild Zero

I'll add

Peter Jackson's Dead Alive.

Great Lawn Mower scene in that one.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nothing is ever fucking with the OG Dawn.
    NOTHING.
    EVER.

That remake wasn't exactly horrible I guess.
    But it WAS extremely forgettable.

I hate to say it, but Romero's Land of the Dead was even worse.
    How is it possible for someone like that to fall off SO damn hard??
    Worst Zombie joint yet?

I've been saying for years that they need to make a Zombie flick set on Treasure Island in the Bay.
    I think it's all repopulated now, but about 5 years back it would've been perfect.
    All deserted and shit.
    Done on the cheap - all handheld / filmed during the day with SF in the background =

I almost died after I saw land of the dead. Romero was pretty diverse in his directing, like not super diverse or anything like that but tried to do it differently each time, sort of bring a diff feel to each of his movies. The remake of dawn of the dead wasnt as good as the OG but still it wasn't bad. It was just unfaithful and forgettable. Land of the dead was not cool at all, it was like the dude wasn't even trying. It was terrible beyond words.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

While Romero's latest may have been subpar for Romero, it is still vastly superior to most of the Euro-zombie dreck people seem to be celebrating.

NOW HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE THERE, PARDNER.

We couldn't even be having this discussion if those doods hadn't made 150 zombie movies to round out the genre.

I don't even consider OG Dawn a horror or zombie or b-movie. It's classic cinema......ne' (sp?)........classic art to me.

I kinda dug Land of the Dead.

Undead was a real let-down. Kinda corny. It did look fantastic though.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Dawn of the Dead is the ultimate, and I really liked Shaun of the Dead also. Here's a trashy one that I'll ride for anyway:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Speaking of zombies... I saw this Zombie Last Supper picture this morning

I know you got that shit off 4chanlivejournal

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

OMG, I want it now. b/w my grandmother would kill me.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

While Romero's latest may have been subpar for Romero, it is still vastly superior to most of the Euro-zombie dreck people seem to be celebrating.

We couldn't even be having this discussion if those doods hadn't made 150 zombie movies to round out the genre.

I don't even consider OG Dawn a horror or zombie or b-movie. It's classic cinema......ne' (sp?)........classic art to me.

I am just reminding people that there is a standard, that's all, and Romero created, and set the bar with Night/Dawn/Day. That's all. I have no real issue with the imitators, take-offs, rip-offs, and sub-genre crap, I just think that it bears repeating where all the shit came from.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

I am just reminding people that there is a standard, that's all, and Romero created, and set the bar with Night/Dawn/Day. That's all. I have no real issue with the imitators, take-offs, rip-offs, and sub-genre crap, I just think that it bears repeating where all the shit came from.

No doubt man. There are no zombie movies better than Night/Day/Dead. They are the Pantheon.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I know you got that shit off 4chanlivejournal

I saw it in the WTF_inc group on LiveJournal

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

Hold it, how do you know I dont know a lot about zombie movies? Where ar your facts, son?

son? its about time that u hav some of your own in thiss thread

Hold it, how do you know I dont know a lot about zombie movies? Where ar your facts, son?

son? its about time that u hav some of your own in thiss thread

Don't waste your time....he will just PM you with more questions.

• Not really zombie-genre, but it's pretty much the last word a far as human-consumption films go.

Plus the soundtrack is

Not really zombie-genre, but it's pretty much the last word a far as human-consumption films go.

Plus the soundtrack is

I just checked this on youtube, this looks epic.

Dude, you're an idiot and so's yer Ma.

Find another forum, fucknuts.

And yes, I want To Fite, you sON.

• How dare you defile this discussion concerning Zombie Movies[/b] with a referance to such a vile, exploitive, italo-trash tripe-fest like cannibal holocaust.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

• I watched "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" aka "The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue" for the first time yesterday and it's going right in the Zombie canon. Jamie Russell aptly describes it as the "missing link between Romero's Night and Dawn". Not a ton of zombies or gore, but these scenes do pay off. Very ominous mood and a fucked-up ending to rival Night. Recommended.

• Can any Fulci head tell me if the movies on this DVD:

and this DVD:

are the same? Wondering if the second one is chopped up/not the same as the AB re-release.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    No love for Romero's The Crazies in this thread? Not zombies exactly, but more zombie-ish than many titles mentioned...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Oh, and for zombie (singular), I'll go with...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Watching this now, remembered the thread. It's such an ill synth line. Mentioned it in the unexpected heat thread.

• MortiMorti 68 Posts
    1. Day of the dead
    2. The beyond
    3. Zombi 2
    4. Dead Next Door
    5. Burial Ground