Take it Off (Fashion Police Related)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies:

this should be number one. definitely the most pervasive of questionable hip hop trends these days.

This one seems to be almost over. Not "over" in the sense that everyone's got one and it's played out, but over in the sense that I'm seeing it a whole lot less.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

this should be number one. definitely the most pervasive of questionable hip hop trends these days.

This one seems to be almost over. Not "over" in the sense that everyone's got one and it's played out, but over in the sense that I'm seeing it a whole lot less.

Yeah, it's pretty much done thank goodness. All Over Prints will be featured at the JC Penny's fall line for young men.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the question is: What's gonna be the hottest schitt this fucking summer?

my vote: leotards (for chicks that is).

Yeah, it's pretty much done thank goodness. All Over Prints will be featured at the JC Penny's fall line for young men.

There's a Marshall's by my train stop and about 80% of their stock is all-over print hoodies.

i just copped these yesterday:

i was on my way to the gym and only had my leather work shoes. these were all I could find between my office and the gym.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

not so sure, maybe you didn't see as many because they were covered up by winter coats w/ fur trimmed hoods.

you'll see a rash of them as spring is slowly encroaching.

everytime I buy something I ask myself, "will I regret wearing this in 5 yrs time?".

You can look good and be COMFORTABLE at the same time. It is the most common and lame excuse out there for looking disheveled.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

everytime I buy something I ask myself, "will I regret wearing this in 5 yrs time?".

exactly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bathing-Ape-BAPEXCLU...1QQcmdZViewItem

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

This is good news for epileptics.

not so sure, maybe you didn't see as many because they were covered up by winter coats w/ fur trimmed hoods.

you'll see a rash of them as spring is slowly encroaching.

You can look good and be COMFORTABLE at the same time, it is the most common and lame excuse out there for looking disheveled.

Naw, I really do think it's pretty much dead in New York.

But I agree with your other points. I find myself dressing more and more like my dad as I get older.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

But I agree with your other points. I find myself dressing more and more like my dad as I get older.

it would be a welcome elimination of an eyesore, I hope you're right.

not that they're an arbiter of tastes, but reed space's spring line leans heavily in that direction. They are after all voted as the "best sneaker lifestyle store" by nymag. Sarcasm duly noted....

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I dont know, I'm still seeing it a lot. Every week Kid Robot has a new $300 hoodie that looks like barnie ate the teletubbies and threw up all over it.

Proper Fit is definitely where its at. You can walk into a spot in jeans and a tshirt and outshine 90% of the people (assuming that you know how to coordinate your shoes with your outfit) if the fit is right. That's my philosophy at least. Although I can't get with paying $80 for a tshirt. C&C and James Perse is where its at.

• I wish the all over print fad would hurry the hell up and die down here. Sad thing is..you dont even see real joints,just flea market/hood bootlegs..just knock off after knock off(with matching fake Jordans or Air Force Ones of course)

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Essential reading: http://deadwhoreinc.blogspot.com/index.html

The clowning is spot on.

• I'm not taking any fashion advice that's not accompanied by a photo of the author.

i looked on line and don't have one. MIKE 26 if you read this you have one to post, yes?

Make no mistake about it. Otto is a well-dressed dude.

2600 / King Otto / DJ Espada

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

I dont know, I'm still seeing it a lot. Every week Kid Robot has a new $300 hoodie that looks like barnie ate the teletubbies and threw up all over it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

no fair that's obviously a special event!

If you're loitering around Kid Robot, I think you might encounter a disproportional number of people dressing this way. All I know, is I'm seeing a lot less of it in my neighborhood.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I'm not taking any fashion advice that's not accompanied by a photo of the author.

i looked on line and don't have one. MIKE 26 if you read this you have one to post, yes?

Make no mistake about it. Otto is a well-dressed dude.

2600 / King Otto / DJ Espada

COT DAMN what a handsome group of djs.

thanks for the plug mike!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Essential reading: http://deadwhoreinc.blogspot.com/index.html

The clowning is spot on.

haha, damn that guy is angry!

"Thanks for the email. I can tell you're a youngster. If wearing cum stained free credit card application t-shirts is being a hypebeast then i'm guilty as charged. How bout this. For your senior prom my balls and your chin can go as a couple. But don't worry all your friends can take a group shot with my balls too. Now that's street inspired."

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

If you're loitering around Kid Robot, I think you might encounter a disproportional number of people dressing this way. All I know, is I'm seeing a lot less of it in my neighborhood.
    I never got into the whole vinyl toy craze. I just pass by there a lot cause its in the hood. Internet is a funny place.

I do agree that Spring will be the true test though.

• Am I the only one not digging the straight bill, no bend ballcaps?

What is with that shit? Does it make it easier to wear sideways?

I hate that shit... And it makes me feel like an old ass man.

Oh, and I've never liked the pantyhose hat thing (unless its over your face and you are robbing a bank)...

... although I respect a man in a hairnet.

Peace...
    FNM

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    All that shit is still going strong in LA.

I don't see it ending any time soon only because there is no other fad on the horizon... yet.

no other fad on the horizon... yet.

two words: leo. tards. the hottest shit this summer.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I work around the corner from Kid Robot and Bape, and as the temperature rose last week, so did the number of all over print hoodies, like exponentially. Like I saw an additional 3 a day for every degree.

I'm partial to the theory that winter coats have been hiding them, but for everyone's sake, i hope this is ending.

Dead Whore's pretty funny.

Remember back to when you sheep were following other trends. When street wear hadn't become a focus for you. When your Polo shirt had the collar up and you went straight from Pac Sun to Abercrombie in the mall. Now imagine if you saw someone wearing an all over print hoody with dollar bills on it and skulls in place of Jefferson's face. You'd have a good laugh just like i do every time i see one of you lames wearing shit like this.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    no other fad on the horizon... yet.

two words: leo. tards. the hottest shit this summer.

hell no! you mean like the Greco-Roman wrestler, Peter Pan, Shakesperean actor type of thing? On guys? to the th power

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.

Holy Shit.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

hell no! you mean like the Greco-Roman wrestler, Peter Pan, Shakesperean actor type of thing? On guys? to the th power

Damn. Electrode is definitely against leotards. I would love to rock an all over hoodie if it wasn't printed, but equipped with real sharks. Like this, but a hoodie instead of a rock in the ocean:
    I wanna be on some camborghini shit.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    my favorite worst fashion choice is when some guy's wear those huge shirts that hang down to their knees with oversized pants that drag under their shoes. It always makes me want to say "look at the little kid in daddy's clothes....so cute"

why you gotta dis 3/4ths of Soulstrut like that?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    this summer for chicks

the 80's (strapless dresses and leggings)
    the 60's (minis)
    a mishmash of 2007 and the 80's
    a mishmash of 2007 and the 60's
    grown-up avril lavigne styles
    skanky los angeles
    still with the skinny jeans and flats
    60's and 70's summer dresses

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

wallet chains: wallet chains b? if you weren't a long hair in the 70s/80s with a def leppard t-shirt and black jeans than you shouldn't wear it. sorry fellas. they were fly in 91 for about 35 minutes after the first time i saw the jump around video. its 2007 now, you don't skate and you have no money so, why the wallet chain?

Saw a documentary on TV recently about crime on London Underground trains. Super-smart undercover cop puts his wallet on a chain so that he can grab the pickpockets he's tracking. He jumps on the train next to the thief, wallet poking out, the pickpocket grabs the cop's wallet and steps off the train just as the doors shut. Cop is left inside the train with the doors closed unable to do a damn thing while on the other side of the glass the thief empties the wallet still attached by its chain to the cop inside. He then waves the train off with a big smile. Genius.