"MEISO" dj krush

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
From a thorough listen of this on a stormy day, perfect btw for that. It has some hard hittin' drums ,am I right? cameo appearances? Agree.

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Yeah, I'll cosign that one. Got a lot of play in my old walkman back in the day!

• kemskems 120 Posts
    butter in the bank.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i like the dj shadow remix of the title track and it's one of the few tracks with black thought that i enjoy

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i like the dj shadow remix of the title track and it's one of the few tracks with black thought that i enjoy

This intro track was the hottest part about an otherwise dj krush show a few years back. Matter of fact, that remix is one of the best things he's ever did.

• i like the dj shadow remix of the title track and it's one of the few tracks with black thought that i enjoy

This intro track was the hottest part about an otherwise dj krush show a few years back. Matter of fact, that remix is one of the best things he's ever did.

Are you saying that Shadow's remix is one of the best things Krush has done?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    This and even more so his first album are pretty certified.

Are you saying that Shadow's remix is one of the best things Krush has done?

Naw I'm not at all fronting on Krush. I've listened to and love almost every one of his albums. It's just a straight blazing downtempo track much like Kemuri.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    the meiso LP is blazing downtempo at its best, the previous "strictly turntablized" Lp is a nice tool and even his first s/t Lp had a couple of nice tracks. best dj krush remix ever is the one on the first vadim - ussr revisited 2*12". cosign on the shadow remix of meiso as well.

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    kioku used to be my shit when i was smoking weed on the daily

• Has anyone managed to get their hands on that soundtrack he did? Ive been wanting to peep that.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    From a thorough listen of this on a stormy day, perfect btw for that. It has some hard hittin' drums ,am I right? cameo appearances? Agree.

That first album he did for Nippon Columbia was a big favourite of mine in the early/mid-90's. I dunno if the Japanese version with the Guru track is especially or anything, but I know it wasn't on later releases.

The recent Intelligent Hoodlum/Tragedy thread made me pull "Milight", and give "Real", the track he rhymed on, a listen again. It's a great track, and the album's still pretty listenable as well, which isn't always easy to say about everything Mo' Wax was putting out back then.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I used to love my Only The Strong Survive 12" with the Automator, and more importantly, the Dillinger, remix.

Haven't really listened to Meiso in years though I remember going crazy about Duality when it came out. Still have a soft spot for Strictly Turntablized as well though I suspect it would bore me to tears these days.

Never really checked for much past Meiso though do love Shi-Sekai off MiLight.

Def one of my favorite Krush albums!

Candle Chant with Boss The MC. Arguably Japan's greatest lyricist.
    From the KILLER mc/producer duo, "Tha Blue Herb" out of Hokkaido, Japan.
    Metaphysics over bugged out beats. I need to revisit that album by them....

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I still fuck with the minimalist beats on Kakusei; drop the Roll & Tumble EP occasionally as well. I wasn't really a fan of Krush's work with emcees.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    one of the few tracks with black thought that i enjoy

you don't like the roots?!?

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I coincidentally just played this a couple of days ago. My favorite DJ Krush record and even the vocal tracks aside from the Big Shug one are pretty good-- "wash my body with my both my hands," ehh.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    even more so his first album

yes.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Does anybody know the name of the album DJ Krush did with some Japanese trumpeter?
    Ive been looking for that for a while and I can never remember the name.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ki-Oku - can't remember the trumpeter's name.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Toshinori Kondo.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

yes.

You know what tho, I listened to this last night and it hasn't aged well.

It's dope but I'm kind of torn. Does not sound nearly as fresh as it used to. It's not the 90s any more.

This is the kind of music every fruityloops-holding teenager can make easily with an Internet connection... ah vell.

yes.

You know what tho, I listened to this last night and it hasn't aged well.

It's dope but I'm kind of torn. Does not sound nearly as fresh as it used to. It's not the 90s any more.

This is the kind of music every fruityloops-holding teenager can make easily with an Internet connection... ah vell.

If you're talking about "Strictly Turntablized" then I agree as well.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    yeah, MEISO is 10 years old already, and still playable and better after each listen.

I remember finding out that he was Japanese, saying " huh " , making it that much interesting. Finding out that your nationality has nothing to do with making music is priceless.