2007 SOUL STRUT T-SHIRT IDEA CONTEST

2»

Comments

• Each state should have its own unique SS shirt.

No, No Records in Pennsylvania.

Maybe this is some sort of inside joke, but I think you should look again...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think any new Strut tee-shirt should in some way incorporate this:

There's already the official GET ON MY LEVEL T-Shirt.

Now available at Krudmart (for 50% off )

I know I know...I just think there's some other directions we can go in with this as well.

I just never really felt 100% comfortable wearing a picture of you on my person, cos. no offense!

None taken, dude. I feel you. There's definitely something unsettling about it when some stranger comes up to you and they have a shirt with your picture on it. First time that happened I really didn't know what to make of it.

• I think you should rock an all over print with all the graemlins that you got on here..

like the two-color tees with the repeating Gucci labels or machine gun icons the kids be rocking? could be nice...

please be serious

no really, I don't yet own one of those and I feel reall disconnected from the youth as a result. I think it's time for me to take the plunge.

of course, we can always do a Soulstrut manbag . would that be more to your liking? hmmmmm?

you know i look fucking fly.

but seriously, hoodie + pokemon vomit pattern=the new fucking mesh cap and striped shirt. I'm not sure how well the law office will take you showing up with a hooded sweatshirt with guns, crack pipes, and drug neelde print all over it. Plus they might think you are one of those crazy adults who like to dress up as little children (littles?). What am saying is that you should be disconnected from the youth because you aren't one. Get your Y.A.M. on instead

-Young Phonicsworth Bentley

b/w

with fingersnaps and a neckroll

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

with fingersnaps and a neckroll

they go so well with the manbag.

we need to start a fashion thread; it's been a while.

yours truly,

Intel Rockswell III, Esq.

• we need to start a fashion thread; it's been a while.

please be serious. I have nightmares of all the damn shoe threads this place conjures up.

plus the strut can't handle the weight of your "Wake the village tell your people" shirt

si, esso paso.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    seriously though I propose we do a silkscreen print of an airbrush design. something real cheezy in pink and turquoise on black like from those booths at the mall back in the day. but it will actually be a silkscreen print. maybe a commemorative joint for a fallen musician.

• What about some type of play on the generic stock sunset cover?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What about some type of play on the generic stock sunset cover?

I would buy that.

Soulstrut.com

Let the hate recede

or

Where records are discussed.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Hey Raj,

I'll print them at my screen printing company, holla.

Nick Lazer

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

LOVE IT!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I would buy something with a simple, classy typeface that just says "soulstrut"

Cosign......

Dont look like ur tryin so hard.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I think shirts should continue to be created by actual graphic designers. Both of Mike's designs (at least I think he did both of them) have been nice. I could see giving another designer a shot at it for variety, but I would not be mad at seeing another great 2600 design.

In-jokes that will no longer be funny six months from now, or weren't that funny in the first place, will probably just leave Raj with a couple extra boxes of shirts he can't unload.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Each state should have its own unique SS shirt.

No, No Records in Pennsylvania.

Maybe this is some sort of inside joke, but I think you should look again...
    HA HA

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I would buy something with a simple, classy typeface that just says "soulstrut"

Cosign......

Dont look like ur tryin so hard.

cosign

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

five stars.

btw--i aready made my own shirt even back before them "dont haye the sayer" jawns.

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/images/avatars/181151764945772c3c9a0c7.jpg" alt="" />

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hi, I would buy something that fit. Please! Something in a women's/kids' medium.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I would just do a You mad Doggie?- Shirt!

and a Real Headz off course:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hi, I would buy something that fit. Please! Something in a women's/kids' medium.

can't see!!!

is it a picture of one those supercute LV sweaters with the puffy sleeves in olive green?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

can't see!!!

Actually, it's an audio clip of Humphrey Bogart
    and George Raft trying to make Ann Sheridan eat
    a big meal, and the waitress makes a crack about
    them "trying to fatten' her up, huh?"

You STILL can't listen to stuff on your computer?!

can't see!!!

Actually, it's an audio clip of Humphrey Bogart
    and George Raft trying to make Ann Sheridan eat
    a big meal, and the waitress makes a crack about
    them "trying to fatten' her up, huh?"

You STILL can't listen to stuff on your computer?!

no, it's a government computer - no Flash, YouTube is banned and no speakers.

no matter how many bowls of pasta and udon i eat, i never seem to get past 5'3" !!

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    don't know about the shirt but now i'm going to incorporate gaywad into at least 5 sentences tomorrow...what about the soulstrut logo and this in the center...

SOULSTRUT.COM[/b]

ruff draft but the best i can do...i wear both mine to work..no ones clocked it yet.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts

or

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

that one's not 1/2 bad.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'd like to add that this is not a design contest. Mike is on board again for the Spring Fashions. I was just looking for one brilliant idea from one brilliant strutter.

• come for raer
    stay for hatt