I just had dinner with Fonce & Larry Mizell...

2»

Comments

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    yeah man. it was nice. my peoples and i ate right before we got there so decided to pass. everyone there was pretty cool. im antisocial so i didnt really talk to anyone. i dont usually get like this, but i was a lil shook of the mizells.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    No camera, I left it home like a dumbass. I only had my cameraphone, and I only copped one jawn

Who dat?[/b]

Ask Krivit if he's ever been star struck and hope he goes into the story.

Which story, the James Brown one?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Which story, the James Brown one?

Yeah. When he tells it, it's really great stuff.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nice work if you can get it! Congrats on a memorable evening guys!

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Who sat immediately next to you, across from you etc?

• I read this as:

... and Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Danny Krivit, Madlib, Wajeed, PB Wolf, Vikter Duplaix, Egon, Tom Silverman, DJ Mehdi, Jesus[/b]...

DUDE!!! JESUS!! FRIGGIN' SWEET!!!

Must have been some great wine.

• Is Winkler's hair his own?

wtf? what did y'all eat?

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Dudes, FONCE & LARRY!!!!!!!!

Did they drive their porsches there?

Also, who was way uglier then you thought they would be.........not just the Mizells.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Yeah pretty incredible. Funny thing is how Cosmo showed me the only pic he took and here is the only pic I took!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    On another note, did anyone that was there peep the "lady" Tom Silverman was with? Or should I say girl? Lol....At any rate she was

In all honesty he looked about 40 years older then her.

• I read this as:

... and Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Danny Krivit, Madlib, Wajeed, PB Wolf, Vikter Duplaix, Egon, Tom Silverman, DJ Mehdi, Jesus[/b]...

DUDE!!! JESUS!! FRIGGIN' SWEET!!!

Must have been some great wine.

meh. It was kinda watery.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    On another note, did anyone that was there peep the "lady" Tom Silverman was with? Or should I say girl? Lol....At any rate she was

In all honesty he looked about 40 years older then her.

she was doin and doin it well

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

jeez when did J-Rocc become like 85 yrs old?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    http://phillipangert.smugmug.com/gallery/2632391#139024986-L-LB

"Most people don't know I started the whole "throw your hands in the air" phrase..."

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Lots of spaced out tired looking people in those B&W shots Except Taylor McF who looks dreamy as usual. He's the guy who your mom AND your sister will want to meet.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    So, are the Mizell Brothers actually up on what the heads in attendance who admire their work actually do, and the magnitude of impact they have on music today?

In those pictures, I'm seeing a scene where they could be thinking,this is great, but who are most of these people?

But, I hope there was synergy and mutual respect right off the bat.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    nah it was cool. from what i saw they knew what was goin down. mizells were givin love to everyone. fonce gave me a grin but i was too shook to go say wassup. i just thought he was thinkin i was someone else, seein as i dont really have any notoriety at all.
    you see my ear in the king and cosmo pic? thats MY ear! they shouldve given my ear props

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So, are the Mizell Brothers actually up on what the heads in attendance who admire their work actually do, and the magnitude of impact they have on music today?

In those pictures, I'm seeing a scene where they could be thinking,this is great, but who are most of these people?

Yeah, Maurice (owner of Giant Step and the dude who pretty much coordinated the event) introduced me to Fonce and Larry (and Rod!) and he gave them a brief rundown of what I do and history and whatnot, at which point they brothers were like "Oh man, a real pleasure to meet you..." which kind of blew my mind.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Kenny Dope, Giles Peterson, Spinna, Jazzy Jeff, Danny Krivit, Madlib, Wajeed, PB Wolf, Vikter Duplaix, Egon, Tom Silverman, DJ Mehdi. Jesus[/b]

Oh word!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Yeah, Maurice (owner of Giant Step and the dude who pretty much coordinated the event) introduced me to Fonce and Larry (and Rod!) and he gave them a brief rundown of what I do and history and whatnot, at which point they brothers were like "Oh man, a real pleasure to meet you..." which kind of blew my mind.

You deserve all of this my man.