Cricket World Cup

magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
anyone checking this great sporting event?where else can you see Ireland Vs Zimbabwe being playing in Jamaica?! a legendary draw for the Irish it was too.Just warming up for the great underachievers England to take on the dark horses New Zealand in what should be an exciting game.

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

oh shit you meant the sport...sorry

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    GO IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't known a damn thing about cricket, but I hope Ireland smashes the competition. I started watching a cricket match one afternoon in London with my cousins. We drank and watched the match ALL DAY. THEN the same match continued the next day! LOL Is there any time limit with these cricket matches? These fools had me drunk in the backyard later that night with the cricket bat and they were throwing me pitches with the crazy wind ups! COMEDY!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    These fools had me drunk in the backyard later that night with the cricket bat and they were throwing me pitches with the crazy wind ups! COMEDY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

Playing time

For more details on Playing time, see Playing time (cricket).

Typically, two innings matches are played over three to five days with at least six hours of cricket being played each day. One innings matches are usually played over one day for six hours or more. There are formal intervals on each day for lunch and tea, and shorter breaks for drinks, where necessary. There is also a short interval between innings.

The worldcup matches last for one day.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Definitely. Got ??100 on Sri Lanka at 7-1.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,901 Posts
    Got Pakistan in the sweep at work. Trouble is they have all been munching nandrolone or whatever like workaholic pacmen so they are fielding mugs this year.

Pissflaps.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    England deserved to lose yesterday. Flintoff with an inspiring duck just as they were beginning to look like they were on point with their one day game.

• Options
    My ex-girl's family are a bunch of big dogs in Guyanese cricket, they're all down there now. They taught me a lot about the game, I wish I had learned it younger because it looks like fun.

Any game that takes a break for tea is ok with me.

Ireland beat Pakistan

Now thats what you call "The luck of the Irish"

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    we all know that australia will dominate

• supaHosupaHo 2 Posts
    Werd!

Aussies all the way.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    we all know that australia will dominate

I'm not so sure these days, New Zealand are the ones to watch.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

Ireland beat Pakistan

Now thats what you call "The luck of the Irish"

I know.....never thought I'd spend a St Patricks Day watching cricket. They deserved it aswell, not like it was a fluke.....was getting a bit nervous near the end when 3 of the Irish guys were bowled out pretty quickly....bring on the West Indies

what a result for the Irish!! let's hope they get through and play England. shit would be off the hook, plus Ireland would probably win!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Can I watch any of the Cricket World Cup matches on cable TV here in the U.S.?

• CRICKET IS THE SHITTEST GAME ON THE PLANET.

img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ talib-doodoo.g

• Its not technically a sport so fuck knows why they're having a "World Cup"

If there's anything to put a downer on your summer, apart from hay fever and hot weather, its cunts playing cricket fucking too right

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    well flintoff's been arrested or been dropped for being drunk on a pedalo or something so now england ain't gonna win shit...

I just heard that the coach for the Pakistan team who's a English man, died last night in his hotel room from a heart attack.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Very sad news about the sudden death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer. So you non-cricketers can relate, him dying during the World Cup would be like Roy Williams, the head coach of UNC, dying unexpectedly during the NCAA Tournament. Woolmer was English, and he played for the England side in his playing days. Then he went on to coach South Africa for many years, and he was coaching Pakistan at the time of his death. My thoughts and prayers are with the Pakistanis as they cope with the death of their coach during the World Cup.

Very glad news about the play of South Africa against lightly regarded Holland. After stumbling out of the wicket when leadoff batsman de Villiers was caught on the second ball, they went on to score 353/3 over 50 overs. A great score that is as much a credit to their batsmen as it is an embarrassment to the Dutch bowlers. Then the South African bowlers, without leading fast bowler Makhaya Ntini, who should rejoin the team in time for their group match against Australia (he was home for the birth of his daughter), stymied the Dutch batsmen, limiting them to only 132 runs.

People who hate cricket are weird. Like any sport, it's got some weird rules, but once you figure them out, it's pretty fun. The limited over matches are much easier to digest for an American audience used to baseball than the traditional 5-day tests.

Time for tea,
    JRoot

yo i dunno about U.S cable, but i watch all the games via TVAnts/TVU/Sopcast. Get most of my links from My P2P . Look in Others or check the forum for some more direct WMP related links.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You've clearly never watched NFL.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    I just heard that the coach for the Pakistan team who's a English man, died last night in his hotel room from a heart attack.

heart attack?

I call foul play.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    You've clearly never watched NFL.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

funny i can imagine this happening.

heart attack?

I call foul play.

News update, they are now saying it was death by strangulation.
    http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070323/lead/lead1.html