2»

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well that's that then.

AC Milan v Bayern Munich
    PSV Eindhoven v LIVERPOOL
    Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED
    CHELSEA v Valencia

Chelsea Vs Valencia, undoubtedly the tie of the round for me.

Liverpool must surely be through to the semis after being drawn against PSV. I would think their only danger would come if they were unable to lift their game again after the thrills of the Barca matches.

Not a bad draw for Man U either, was hoping for Italian opposition.

As for the Semis line up:

Chelsea/Valencia v PSV/Liverpool
    Roma/Manchester United v Milan/Bayern Munich

There could be a great finish to the Champions League this year........

• Well that's that then.

AC Milan v Bayern Munich
    Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED
    CHELSEA v Valencia

Liverpool must surely be through to the semis after being drawn against PSV. I would think their only danger would come if they were unable to lift their game again after the thrills of the Barca matches.

great line up, but:

Bayern - AC Milan... AGAIN!!!

I'd love to see them play against someone else. Seems like Bayern is playing either AC or Inter Milan every darn season. Or Madrid.

Love to see
    Roma vs. Bayern
    Liverpool vs. Valencia
    Milan vs. Chelasea
    nest season.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    United V Scousers. Dream final.

Cristiano Ronaldo came into the same bar as us this weekend. Gobsmacking sycophantic behaviour all round. His bird is fit though. I was with the wife so couldn't stare...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well that's that then.

AC Milan v Bayern Munich
    Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED
    CHELSEA v Valencia

We need to have it sewn up in the away leg, because if we need a result and PSV don't when it gets to Anfield, they'll hold a pillow over the face of the game, and we'll be left with fuck-all to do but throw Crouch on with fifteen minutes to go and despair as he skies everything.

The faint possibility of a Liverpool/United final fills me with a mixture of delight and dread. Can you imagine upwards of 50,000 Scousers and Mancs descending on Athens, and bringing decades of spite, antipathy and general ill-will with them? Throw the Panathinaikos and Olympiakos lads in there, along with any bright sparks who fancy a ferry journey across the Bosphorous, and Athens'll end up looking like Fallujah.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well that's that then.

AC Milan v Bayern Munich
    Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED
    CHELSEA v Valencia

We need to have it sewn up in the away leg, because if we need a result and PSV don't when it gets to Anfield, they'll hold a pillow over the face of the game, and we'll be left with fuck-all to do but throw Crouch on with fifteen minutes to go and despair as he skies everything.

The faint possibility of a Liverpool/United final fills me with a mixture of delight and dread. Can you imagine upwards of 50,000 Scousers and Mancs descending on Athens, and bringing decades of spite, antipathy and general ill-will with them? Throw the Panathinaikos and Olympiakos lads in there, along with any bright sparks who fancy a ferry journey across the Bosphorous, and Athens'll end up looking like Fallujah.

Ha ha yeah I don't think it would do much to further the reputation of brit footie fans abroad. Especially if Neville started proclaiming his loyalty to the United badge at the wrong end again. A Liverpool following mate of mine is already proclaiming Liverpool out of the tournament and I do think it's not the ideal draw for a team that thrive against big name opponents. Having said that, no offence to PSV fans but they really are not a great team by any stretch of the imagination, as long as you don't play Zenden up front you should be fine.

Grope I was thinking the same thing, what the fuck is it with bayern and their rotation of the same three opponents over and over again.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I'm looking forward to seeing Sevilla in the Champions League next year they really have a good team they won the UEFA cup and are leading in the spanish league this season so far.
    And if their game against Barcelona is any sort of indication they aren't a fluke team.
    Also Dani Alves is the best rightback playing in any football league at this moment, FACT.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sevilla in the Champions League next year they really have a good team they won the UEFA cup and are leading in the spanish league this season so far.
    And if their game against Barcelona is any sort of indication they aren't a fluke team.
    Also Dani Alves is the best rightback playing in any football league at this moment, FACT.

I'm hoping we'll finally be able to tempt Alves over to Liverpool this summer, but it might be tough if Sevilla win La Liga. He was the best player on the park in last season's UEFA Cup final. Our current right-back Steve Finnan has been great this last few years, and has been one of our players of the season, but at 31, the time could be right for him to make way. We need to be spending those Yankee dollar$ wisely.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I'm hoping we'll finally be able to tempt Alves over to Liverpool this summer, but it might be tough if Sevilla win La Liga. He was the best player on the park in last season's UEFA Cup final. Our current right-back Steve Finnan has been great this last few years, and has been one of our players of the season, but at 31, the time could be right for him to make way. We need to be spending those Yankee dollar$ wisely.

You wont get him Chelsea will

You wont get him Chelsea will

Well, they certainly need a right back. Two seasons ago, I'd have agreed with you about him going to Chelsea, but now that Abramovitch has laundered spent all the money he seems willing to, and Chelsea is effectively running at a massive loss, he may not be so keen to pony up for Alves. Liverpool, on the other hand, will be swimming in it.

• TeemuTeemu 12 Posts
    C'mon lads, that Champions League is so boring! Instead let's have a look to the real football scene:

Turkey:

This is football.

Hahahaha! Where's the Turkish one from? That's insane. At English games nowadays, you're asked to remain seated, so's not to "spoil the enjoyment" of your fellow supporters. I suppose that's the price we pay for "The English Disease". The days of standing on the Kop and hoping nobody would piss in your pocket because they didn't want to go to the toilet and lose their spec are long gone.

• TeemuTeemu 12 Posts
    That Turkey clip is from Fenerbah??e. The passion for the game is so huge in Eastern Europe that it is very hard to realize. Type just "Fenerbah??e ultras" to Youtube and you will see something out of this world. The biggest fan culture is nowdays definitely in that direction - at least when it comes to anarchy and flames.

And yeah, I've heard about that situation in England - and it's a shame. In my opinion football ain't nothing without little "let's go fuckin' mental" type of behaviour. The adrenaline level in the stands is so high that I couldn't just sit down and be quiet.

By the way, in Finland we are still bitter that the king Jari Litmanen played so small minutes in Liverpool! The greatest man in history of Finland.