RJD2 Spinner mixtape [mpfree related]

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
OK, I'm not a fan of his recent work since he went off on the whole indie rock thing, and the hip-hop-producer-turned-pop-singer thing is nagl for him either, but he's not on the mic on this mix, so I figured I'd check it out.4 records in: Wtf? Dude is trainwrecking all over this shit.It's really painful to listen to, but if you must here it is:http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyk0nihttp://www.spinner.com/2007/02/02/exclusive-rjd2-mixtape/My question is this: How could someone let a mix of this quality go? Especially someone "reputable" like RJD2.

Comments

• Wow, I'm not mad at the selection at all, but there's some serious off beatness going on.

• Weird...I haven't listened to it yet, but when i've seen him live - he was very on point. I'm not a big fan, but i came away very impressed with his set.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is nice, track selection is good, mixing is shit though. I usually hate RJD2 stuff but I'm feelin' this, mostly cause boogie is my shit though. Ohh god, the mixing is fuckin' ass, lol.

Mixed emotions really.

• tough crowd. he obviously did this in one take and we are talking about records that were made with a live drummer.

• This mix is so sloppy and lazy, if you listen at 9:50min you'll hear windows alert sounds and mouse clicking... wtf

X infinity

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    if you listen at 9:50min you'll hear windows alert sounds and mouse clicking

• funny. thats my new neighbor.he was playing classic samples on the fender rhoades for me last week ( ) im not even gonna listen to the mix,though. he loves music and hes a good fella.

• joostjoost 46 Posts
    saw him live a while ago and that was ace. Also, I really dig his 1st two albums. And hey; I don't even think his new (upcoming) album is as bad as people say.

That said: parts of this mix are painful indeed.

about the windows sounds; I think that may be caused by the one who recorded the stream from the website.