A Story for all you Faux_rillians (JZR)

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Jay-Z slanging that dog furhttp://ja.tmz.com/2007/01/16/jay-z-accused-of-faux-fur-fraud/ He had 99 problems, now Jay-Z has one more.A jacket from Jigga's clothing line, Rocawear, allegedly has dog fur in its collar, even though it's advertised as having fake fur. According to an investigation by The Humane Society of the United States, the Hunter jacket on Rocawear.com contains real fur from a raccoon dog, a dog indigenous to Asia that The Humane Society claims are skinned alive for the coats, hence the uproar. As of today, the $265 coat was still a "featured" item on the Rocawear website. Late last year, a similar investigation found that raccoon dog fur was being used in a coat in rap mogul P. Diddy's "Sean John" collection; that item was removed from stores within a few days.Reps for Jay-Z and Rocawear could not immediately be reached for comment. The Humane Society said that it informed the company of the issue a week ago, but that they've taken no action.

Comments

• Hey, you know that guy in your avatar beats on women

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not anymore

• not anymore

well it's not the dog's fur anymore either

just kidding, please don't start

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Some rappers are trying to sell the fake shit, but he is keeping it real.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Secretly keeping it real while telling everybody its fake goes against the time-honored tradition of telling everybody shit is real while secretly keeping it fake.

Dog fur... well, as long as they ate the rest of the dog then its cool. like native americans and buffalo.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Options
    ehehe...good comedy
    if you dont find this shit hilarious then ????

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I usually dont get along with people defending animals rights...they'd rather focud on human beings. There's so much to be done before worrying about dogs. That's typically white.

• There's also so much to be done before paying $200+ to wear some dog's fur on your back.

Actually I had the great fortune of eating dog this year in Korea. Not that great. But not quite doo doo on a stick either. Still better than swedish meatballs, which I hate.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Don't forget to acquire the matching dog tag with your rocacoat...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I SPY SOME LEOPARD PRINT!! CALL THE HUMANE SOCIETY!!

- spidey

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Wow... that's pretty lame. I'm sure Jay has alot to do with the design and manufacture of his clothing.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    allegedly

• There's so much to be done before worrying about dogs. That's typically white.

We salute your insight sir.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Secretly keeping it real while telling everybody its fake goes against the time-honored tradition of telling everybody shit is real while secretly keeping it fake.

genius.

Who really still wears rocawear anyway? Fuck a racoon Dog.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

genius.

Who really still wears rocawear anyway? Fuck a racoon Dog.

They need to work on their image--it's hard to imagine anyone older than 15 wearing most of that stuff. They should do like Sean John and make some clothes for adults.

• Secretly keeping it real while telling everybody its fake goes against the time-honored tradition of telling everybody shit is real while secretly keeping it fake.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I usually dont get along with people defending animals rights...they'd rather focud on human beings. There's so much to be done before worrying about dogs. That's typically white.

I doubt you would hold this stance if you've ever seen animal cruelty firsthand.
    You know stuff like people fish hooking dogs for amusement.

ANOTHER CASE OF WHITENESS...the fuck is wrong with people feeding sharks with dogs? They should be in psychiatric hospital and not on cruise anyway. Now, even AFTER seeing videos of lab experimentations, after seeing "faces of death", after going to a restaurant in Phuket (Tha??land), i can claim again that i DON'T give a shit about dogs well-being. And that i do care more human beings and their living conditions...That's scandalous to pay 250 for dog fur. It's WAY too expensive anyway.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ANOTHER CASE OF WHITENESS... i can claim again that i DON'T give a shit about dogs well-being. And that i do care more human beings and their living conditions...

you actually don't have to pick between one or the other. it is possible to be kind to both humans and animals.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated
    -Mahatma Gandhi (a famous white man)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What is the nature of humanity?

What is the nature of humanity?

FLying all the way to antartica to make pissycles, where-in one drops their pants, pees into the sub-zero air, and watches it freeze mid-air.

pissycles.

the nature of humanity.

i am kind with animals...i actually happens to own dogs. And they love me because i treat 'em like dogs and not like humans. they don't go on my bad, neither on the couch, they know the rules. They got punched a few times. But they're well fed. They fuck from time to time so they don't go crazy (like human beings ya dog, i mean ya dig). THAT'S NOT MY POINT. I've stated that i don't get along with animals rights defenders because they are so weird in real life. They always act like they care more about dogs than people. You actually don't need to create associations such as PETA or whatever else associations to defend dogs. Decent normal people should treat animals correctly. Common sense that is. And i have nothing against defending wales...the osmosis, human nature...ok. But dogs and cats, who gives a rat ass??!!! Put all the money you can into humano??ds, that's where i'm at.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i am kind with animals...i actually happens to own dogs... They got punched a few times. But they're well fed.

I'm glad they're not starving

• i have nothing against defending wales...

word, I think it's covered by the rest of the UK

You actually don't need to create associations such as PETA or whatever else associations to defend dogs. Decent normal people should treat animals correctly.

You do need these watchdog groups to keep people in check because,the animals are defenseless creatures for the most part.What part of that dont you understand?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    i am kind with animals...i actually happens to own dogs. And they love me because i treat 'em like dogs and not like humans. they don't go on my bad, neither on the couch, they know the rules. They got punched a few times. But they're well fed. They fuck from time to time so they don't go crazy (like human beings ya dog, i mean ya dig). THAT'S NOT MY POINT. I've stated that i don't get along with animals rights defenders because they are so weird in real life. They always act like they care more about dogs than people. You actually don't need to create associations such as PETA or whatever else associations to defend dogs. Decent normal people should treat animals correctly. Common sense that is. And i have nothing against defending wales...the osmosis, human nature...ok. But dogs and cats, who gives a rat ass??!!! Put all the money you can into humano??ds, that's where i'm at.

I don't believe you're really from France. You've got too much fighting spirit.

ANOTHER CASE OF WHITENESS...the fuck is wrong with people feeding sharks with dogs? They should be in psychiatric hospital and not on cruise anyway.

I'm not talking about that i'm talking about people fish hooking dogs on land through any part of the body the hook pierces and torturing them by ripping them out.Once you seen this firsthand(Not a picture or a blurry video but right in front of your eyes) then you'll see the reason for PETA.

i see the reason for cops, they should get shot...PETA ain't gonna do shit about those people you're talking about. PETA is a bunch of crying mafockaz talking about "you can't wear fur"...Well, tell me something else. Meaning that fighting to not wear fur or, for that matter, dog fur, is IRRELEVANT. Watchgroups to make sure that don't happen...ok. Let's see. Hiring people to actually do a 9-5 job. NO. Doing it on your spare time. YES. It shouldn't involve tax money...Tax money should be dedicated to human beings. More than dogs. I will always claim that. And please, who is actually member of those organizations??? I'd like to talk on the real with one of those...And you'll see my point. I don't get along with them. That's it.

And magnetic, don't tell me you really worry for those dogs man??? Are you for real?