Damn! I just broke my [$300] Dynavector 10x4 MkII

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Fuck, just broke the stylus of my Dynavector 10x4 Mk.II Phono Cartridge which costs $300/350. Anyone recommend me a good [as dope as the Dynavector] Phono Cartridge, in the same range of price or cheaper or maybe you know where I can find a new stylus [I think it is impossible]...This is the turntable I use to rip my vinyls a Thorens.This is the cartride I NEED HELP bla... bla... bla

Comments

• Damn, that is (or was) a nice cartridge. I know how you're feeling because I got one and it is broken too.

It's an MC cartridge so it's not possible to just get a replacement stylus that you could install yourself. The cartridge must be rebuilt at the DV factory.

Because of this, I think Dynavector has somekind of trade-in program for worn-out or damaged cartridges. You trade in the old one and get a brand new cartridge for cheaper. You should ask this from your DV dealer.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Bapto, I don't own one, but heard a lot of postive things about the...

Denon DL-103R

$259

It's a low output moving coil cart, so you'll need a phono preamp that can handle it (0.25 mV)

• Leave your headshell on the tonearm and use it as a fly swat..?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Leave your headshell on the tonearm and use it as a fly swat..?

I wish there was a "no-zing" graemlin with the little drummer dead on the floor.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Ok, thank you for the infos, just found the site and e-mail of the European importer/distributor whos based in UK.

Dynavector stopped selling the n??10x4, they're now selling the n??10x5.

I'll check for that Denon DL-103R tomorrow, thanks.

I didn't know I owned such a cartridge.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Because of this, I think Dynavector has somekind of trade-in program for worn-out or damaged cartridges. You trade in the old one and get a brand new cartridge for cheaper. You should ask this from your DV dealer.

You're right, there is a trade-in program for the Dynavector cartridges.
    I'll get the 10x5 for ???245. I'll send my broken 10x4 and save ???100 on the 10x5.
    Not that bad but still expensive though.