Ying-Yang Challenge Andre for Fashion Crown!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    HOLY NAGL!!!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    collard greens

• though i personally wouldnt rock that, its kinda refreshing to see some rap cats wear some shit besides throwbacks/dunks/downjackets/wifebeeaters/timbos etc.

but maybe they should stay farther away from hot topic.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

• Fu-Schnickens 2006

• This wasn't a one-time outfit for the photo shoot either.

Notice the sword...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Notice the sword lampshade...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Those hats were popular in Philly a few years ago.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    why do the fashion choices of the Yin-Yang Twins interest you guys so much?

how often in the past have you taken fashion cues from this group?

Anyways I appreciate the YYT, mostly cause one of the members was born with palsy and still managed to live the life he wanted to. My father was also born with Palsy which they say may have been the reason he is deaf and was unable to walk until the age of 12. Glad to see dudes overcome physical handicaps and make it in the world

Ok, back to the Blackwell fashion review...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

In Atlanta, too, circa summer 2000.

Anyways I appreciate the YYT, mostly cause one of the members was born with palsy and still managed to live the life he wanted to. My father was also born with Palsy which they say may have been the reason he is deaf and was unable to walk until the age of 12. Glad to see dudes overcome physical handicaps and make it in the world

Your ability to get ass-hurt over anything is a rare gift...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

ain't no one ass hurt here, just wondering why you started a catty thread about a groups fashion choices.

don't mind my non fashion panning comments I'm sure your reasons for doing this thread lie somewhere between grown and sexy

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Oh shit for real? I've NEVER seen that out this way.

---

ain't no one ass hurt here, just wondering why you started a catty thread about a groups fashion choices.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because we're on a discussion board where we discuss the minutia of popular music and the people that make it.

Really, dude, if you want to get ass-hurt over the existence of threads like this or the insufficient number of threads about Iraq, maybe you should take your act www.problemsoftheworldstrut.com. Most of us do have more serious outlets in our lives than SoulStrut and just use this place to blow off steam, crack jokes and talk about music and things tangentially related to it.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Oh, I don't know, maybe because we're on a discussion board where we discuss the minutia of popular music and the people that make it.

Really, dude, if you want to get ass-hurt over the existence of threads like this or the insufficient number of threads about Iraq, maybe you should take your act www.problemsoftheworldstrut.com. Most of us do have more serious outlets in our lives than SoulStrut and just use this place to blow off steam, crack jokes and talk about music and things tangentially related to it.

has the ass-hurter just become the ass-hurtee?

you seem very angered by my comments, are you having a rough day?

I'm sure if you hurl just a few more insults you'll be in a much better mood.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That wine colored velvet blazer is super sharp. I've been wanting one of those for at least a year now.

Fashion-wise though, Andre has definitely got shit together. My man is sharp.

Dude with the weird beard is looking kinda goth-ish, and that samurai shit is a little fu-shcickens/jeru/asian-ninja-guy-from-black-eyed-pees.

I would recommend leopard prints and check this out---- cumberbunds. seriously.

has the ass-hurter just become the ass-hurtee?

you seem very angered by my comments, are you having a rough day?

I'm sure if you hurl just a few more insults you'll be in a much better mood.

*sigh*

I'm just trying to be constructive--you know, help a person who is trying to solve the world's problems minimize the frustration he experiences when crossing paths with the type of people that are easily distracted by shiny objects and funny hats.

And I think you may need a tutorial on the proper usage of the term "ass-hurt".

Not just regular sized cumberbunds either, but giant velvet ones that come up all the way to the tits. and then 10 gallon hats.

you guys should see the kick ass Waylon Jennings t-shirt I got at Cavenders Boot City. Its so sick. I'll look for a jpg online of it.....

Not just regular sized cumberbunds either, but giant velvet ones that come up all the way to the tits. and then 10 gallon hats.

Now that nobody wears pleated slacks anymore, is the cumerbund obsolete? Discuss, all ye who are not currently endeavoring to solve the world's problems.

• Not just regular sized cumberbunds either, but giant velvet ones that come up all the way to the tits. and then 10 gallon hats.

you guys should see the kick ass Waylon Jennings t-shirt I got at Cavenders Boot City. Its so sick. I'll look for a jpg online of it.....

Funny how you praise Andre and then mock one of his outfits from the Stankonia era....

Nothing is obsolete. Only 'waiting to be brought back'. The cumberbund has been trashed pretty hard over the years, and with good reason. But picture this: an iced out cumberbund. granted, most people could not pull this off, but I bet these dudes could. Just a solid band of diamonds around the waist. huge. pow!

However, if thats a bit much, then I still think the tit high cumberbund could be done. with (wait for it...) highwaters. Like dirty harry's pants in the first movie.

or maybe, some kind of mariachi thing.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Discuss, all ye who are not currently endeavoring to solve the world's problems.

I think the term "hung up" may be best used here

as far as the type of people "that are easily distracted by shiny objects and funny hats" I can't understand them. I live for the black and white rolled up tee with skinny tie look of initimidation

Don't tet

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Now that nobody wears pleated slacks anymore, is the cumerbund obsolete?
    Don't think so.
    I always thought that the cumberbund was only appropriate when worn with a tux.
    So as long as there's weddings/proms/etc., the cumberbund will be here to stay.

Now that nobody wears pleated slacks anymore, is the cumerbund obsolete?
    Don't think so.

I always thought that the cumberbund was only appropriate when worn with a tux.
    So as long as there's weddings/proms/etc., the cumberbund will be here to stay.

Right, but increasingly (and mercifully) tuxedos are available with flat front pants.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Most of us do have more serious outlets in our lives than SoulStrut and just use this place to blow off steam, crack jokes and talk about music and things tangentially related to it.

Please be serious.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Such horrible people.