Mac Users!!!

2»

Comments

• buhbuhbuh wait:

bust it:

hit ctrl+apple+D with your cursor over any word on your screen.

Dude!

What browser do you use? Just curious if anyone can get that working with Firefox.

• What browser do you use? Just curious if anyone can get that working with Firefox.

It only works on Cocoa apps. So it doesn't work in Firefox.

more stuff like this

• Holt shit, how many of these secret combinations are there?!

Here's one I just discovered:

With the toes on your left foot, hold down Z, X, C and V. Do the same with your right toes on the keys M, , >, and /.

Now with your left hand, hold down apple, option, control, shift and caps lock. With your right hand push F13, F14, F15, and num lock.

Now, with your dick push the number 8.

All of these must be pressed simultaenously..

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHH!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    buhbuhbuh wait:

bust it:

hit ctrl+apple+D with your cursor over any word on your screen.

• There's a firefox add on that does a similar thing, but it opens the wiki page on any word your cursor is on.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Didn't know about the Cocoa app dictionary thing. Neat!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Aha ... its a Safari thing. It doesn't seem to work in Firefox ... for me anyway.

You may need to turn on the system shortcuts in system preferences. After that it should work on any application you have running.

• this whole thread is completely next level. I would use the graemlin but that'd be a cliche OH!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This thread is the shit!
    I'm going to be real busy this weekend.

• Holt shit, how many of these secret combinations are there?!

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHH!

go to keyboard and mouse in the preferences panel, it lists all the secret combos.

my mac tip of the day: in safari go to edit>spelling>check spelling as you type.

now in any web mail, message board, etc. it will underline words you spell wrong.

oh, and what you know about fast program switching? hit command + tab and switch between
    open apps. hit command + ` to switch between open windows of the current app.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Terminal games (like Tetris)

This isn't an OSX easter egg, but is built into Emacs.

go to the Applications folder. open the Utilities folder. open Terminal

copy and paste this to list the games:
    ls /usr/share/emacs/21.2/lisp/play

to play the games, type in "emacs" without the quotes

press esc and x at the same time

type in the name of the game

Enjoy!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    One more useless easter egg...

Slow Motion Genie Effect

Open a finder window

hold down Shift then click the Yellow minimize button.

The same thing works with the F-Keys for Expose.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    That's nothing, guys, check:

command+option+control+eject

• That's nothing, guys, check:

command+option+control+eject

I didn't do this, but I can tell you that's not nice.

• thats pretty cool. I can't wait to mess with my friend's ibook. My uncle was a programmer for some computer company back in the 80's and taught me this basic program that would send those old command based computers of old into a endless counting cycle. I think I remember it...

10 a=1
    20 b=a*a
    30 print b
    40 a=a+1
    50 goto 20
    60 end
    run

I think thats right.... Shit was funny as hell to watch the librarians at my elementary school freak the fuck out and reboot the systems. Ah the good old days. Used to play the shit out of "Oregon Trail." Even beat it once.

Been a long time since I've done any basic, but it looks right. It's an infinite loop that'll print out the sequence of perfect squares. That's kinda mean, but still funny.

I was a big fan of Oregon Trail, especially the hunting part.

• Terminal games (like Tetris)

This isn't an OSX easter egg, but is built into Emacs.

Enjoy!

I can't believe someone mentioned Emacs on a soulstrut thread. Rock on. It's all about "M-x hanoi" or "M-x doctor" though.