Best Mixer For Club Intsall?

mooneymooney 48 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Strutters, I am helping to advise a friend who is opening up a club. I always use Rane Mixers (TTM54&56). I love the simplicity, they are so easy to drink and drive, but realize they lack crucial features like a monitor/booth output. I can't stand using the standard Pioneer (500&600)mixers that are popular with most non hip-hop club dj's. The faders blow, literally, there is no need to push them, just blow on them, and the layout is just too much for me to take in.So what's rally good in your club and your town? I am considering the Rane Empath or Pioneer 909 as compromise...... Any thoughts?Also are there any creative ways you have seen to have 2CDJ's, 2 Tables, and Microwave, installed with a TTM 56?I apreciate any thoughts or help you can offer.Thanks,

Comments

• i know rane is quality, but the pioneer 909 is . you can't beat the touchscreen effects, and hip-hop djs who love the rane shouldn't find that the 909 makes things more difficult as far as the faders are concerned.

• why not go with the rane 57, you got monitor, aux, and main outs in balanced 1/4 inch, XLR & RCA. and built in Microwave. the only downside is that it's a 2 chanel mixer and some DJays may want 3 or 4.

• Thanks fellas,

Does anyone have a 57? I thought the built in microwave required it's own version of software, any problems with running 2 versions.

So I could have the cdj's hooked up no problem with the 57, but effects can only be used with Microwave files, correct?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    56's have an aux out.

• i think the 57 just needs 1.5 or later version of the software which is a free download. and if djays want to stay stuck in the past they can bring their own breakout Microwave box and use it with the 57 like any other mixer.

some of the effects work w/o the software but most of them need it for control i think

• i think the 57 just needs 1.5 or later version of the software which is a free download. and if djays want to stay stuck in the past they can bring their own breakout Microwave box and use it with the 57 like any other mixer.

some of the effects work w/o the software but most of them need it for control i think

You need to have 1.6 installed for the 57 to work without using the SL1 box (I'm almost positive on that).

And if it's between the Empath and the Pioneer 909, I'd vote for the Empath. I have the Pioneer 707 at home and I love it, so I'm not at all knocking the 909, but I think that, unless you've spent time messing with one, most club DJs won't use the effects. The Empath's advantage, club-wise, is that it has 3 channels.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    pioneer djm 600 (well, the faders...) or allen&heath xone 62 are IMO the best ones for a club, because you have multiple possibilities and they are solid.

I think the rodec mx 180 is not produced anymore, but it was the most reliable mixer ever.

all of these are obviously not "hip-hop" mixers, but it??s still easily possible to add a 2 channel battle mixer in the setup if necessary