Truth and Soul Records (Do you truss it?)

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I wanna order some shit (Shaolin 45s) from Truth and Soul but I am worried after hearing from others that they will will screw me. What does the massive think? Can I truss it?

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I wanna order some shit (Shaolin 45s) from Truth and Soul but I am worried after hearing from others that they will will screw me. What does the massive think? Can I truss it?

I don't know, I ordered some 45s, and I emailed them once after waiting for about 2 weeks, and then the records showed up about a week after that. Last time this was brought up a whole bunch of people complained about them not sending records, though, so maybe I was lucky.

PS: Does anyone have links for the new Shaolin 45 tracks? I'll almost certainly end up getting it, but I really want to hear them. Labcabin sound samples don't work for me for some reason.

• A-side of the new shaolin tracks "Duel Of The Iron Mic" here ....

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I recently picked up the Black Velvet "An Earthquakes Coming"/ "Is it me you really love?" on Black Top Records/ Truth & Soul and the vinyl is shoddy - hssssssssssss.

tjames

• Don't know how you feel about Dusty Groove, but their service is unmatched and they have all of the Truth & Soul releases (for less $, mind you):

http://www.dustygroove.com/browse.php?kwfilter=truth+and+soul&x=0&y=0&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I was gonna use them but they're outta CREAM. Anyone got spares.

• but they're outta CREAM.

Thats too bad ... mine actually has developed a skip near the end. I was hoping to grab up another. I usually don't play songs more than once in a set but that one gets requests ... nobody seems to mind hearing 2 or 3 times.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    A-side of the new shaolin tracks "Duel Of The Iron Mic" here ....

anymore sides available?

• I recently picked up the Black Velvet "An Earthquakes Coming"/ "Is it me you really love?" on Black Top Records/ Truth & Soul and the vinyl is shoddy - hssssssssssss.

tjames

What did you find shoddy about it, out of curiousity? I bought the 12" today and think it's great. Amazing songs, and the pressing sounds perfectly fine to me.

• anymore sides available?

Here, I'll post these up for a bit:

C.R.E.A.M.
    Glaciers of Ice

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I recently picked up the Black Velvet "An Earthquakes Coming"/ "Is it me you really love?" on Black Top Records/ Truth & Soul and the vinyl is shoddy - hssssssssssss.

tjames

What did you find shoddy about it, out of curiousity? I bought the 12" today and think it's great. Amazing songs, and the pressing sounds perfectly fine to me.

You're right the songs are amazing. The problem's the quality of the vinyl. I've played mine maybe dozen or so times and there's an obvious loss in sound quality. Also, it cue-burnt really quick.

tjames

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    Seriously, order these from anywhere else.

I ordered from these guys and no joke, I sent at least 20 very polite emails, and about 3 months later finally got the records. If I was lucky and they actually responded to an email, I always felt like they thought I was trying to rip them off, it was really frustrating. I once received a response that started with "I don't know what the fuck is going on with your package!" I don't know how to read that, they're pissed at me? or they're really concerned? Probably not the latter, since it still took a few months after that.

Their prices are about the same as if you purchased them from an online retailer, so I would take that route.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I was gonna use them but they're outta CREAM. Anyone got spares.

PM me, I might have an extra CREAM or can get you one..

I should be getting some copies of #2 in the series soon if anyone wants one (and there will not be a 3 month delay in getting them to you). You know.. if you want to deal with some little dudes and not big dudes.