ordering from Truth and Soul

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
how long did it take you to get your stuff? I want my 45s...fiendin'. If they do media, no biggie, I can wait, just dont want to be disappointed again when the mail lady waddles up the steps with no little, flat 7"x7" box tomorrow...puts a damper on my day.Need to get zen and shit and not want...

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Hey. I can't help you one bit.

But, what I can do is tell you about my experience with ordering truth and soul/soul fire/daptone/vampisoul from http://www.lightintheattic.net: Super quick delivery and good communication throughout the transaction. A+++ Asset to the internet will buy from again super deal A+!!!!!

what is the proper context to use this:

• I was gonna order from them, but they dont seem to have that new Bronx River Parkway 45, nor the Funky Music Machine 45...and I also wanted the old Bronx River and didnt want to order from two different places...you know when you have your browser tabbed with eleventeen different record sites and you are playing "compare and save" and "how can I get this shit from as few as many places so I dont have to pay twentytwelve dollars in shipping?".

I did admire Light in the attic's website and would like to buy from them in the future however.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yup, Light in the attic is dope. get that Jamaica to Toronto comp by Sipreano, its killer.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    how long did it take you to get your stuff? I want my 45s...fiendin'. If they do media, no biggie, I can wait, just dont want to be disappointed again when the mail lady waddles up the steps with no little, flat 7"x7" box tomorrow...puts a damper on my day.
    Need to get zen and shit and not want...

i ordered some 45s from them and it took a few weeks. i e-mailed them after about 2 weeks, and they responded quickly and told me when it was shipped. the package arrived shortly thereafter.

(i don't usually use graemlins, but i had to give the new one a spin)

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Ordered two 45's from them and took me 2 months to get them. I e-mailed twice and never got a response. I was moving from Michigan to D.C. so I had other stuff on my mind so I figured it was a lost cause. My mom calls me couple weeks after I get out here and was like...what are these 45's doing arriving here? I guess just be patient...

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    ordered from them once, took some weeks. but i only got 1 of the 3 45s i payed for, mailed em asking where the other two were. they apologised and said they'd send the other two... but they never arrived.

any truth and soul people here? you still owe me two 45s!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I emailed these guys about those wu-tang covers by El Michaels Affair. Never heard back at all. Damn, we need our soul/funk guys to lay down the hookah for a minute. Long live Dan Berkman/Moerer and all those who handle their bidness.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    wow, amazing thread. I just emailed truth and soul....again. it's been 5 weeks. i even got a response email 2 weeks ago apoligizing, saying it was overlooked, and that they would send it out the same day UPS. yeah, still nothing. they're really nice when they respond, they just don't send anything.

This is even more annoying than the fact that i'm still waiting for my copy of The Shining from hiphopsite...

Can anyone tell me how long I have to report this to paypal before it's too late and i'm out $30?

• this news is really disheartening...really sucks. Even though my main impetus was convienece, I thought I was doing the good thing by ordering from the label itself, giving money directly to the artists. But shit, I shoulda ordered from dustygroove or somewhere else, at least I would have my records. I could understand a long wait if I was dealing with an individual, but this is their company/label...what else is the Truth and Soul website there for except to sell records? Leon, you are a dude, thats for sure and your music is amazing, but get your bidness in order

• The times that I have order from Truth and Soul I have gotten my stuff rather quickly, like 1 1/2 weeks. They did short ship me once, but they were quick to make up for it. Hopefully, delayed shipping will not become their standard method. I hate waiting for records...

yeah I'm posting

word!

• I sent an email a few days ago asking about the status of my order....no response.
    dang.