new msnbc interview w/ bush (awkward/sad related)

slavinslavin 577 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
prepare to feel uncomfortable.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    yeah. crooks and liars describes that as awkward. and? par for the course. but to be honest, i think he's less awkward than in other unscripted/handled situations. he definitely has this aloof criticism runs offa me like water off a (lame) duck's back b/w that born again xtain cocksure shit.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    but yeah. that shit about "sacrifices" is nuts.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    god i can't even watch that.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    wow camus and shakespeares. thats is pretty ekilectik

how you gonna read the stranger at 55. get a fucking late pass

oh right its like 150 pages..... he could finish it in a week or so instead of the usual month it takes to read a book

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    wow camus and shakespeares. thats is pretty ekilectik

Oh, I thought he said epileptic.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    Oh, I thought he said egglegtic..

• wtf!!! there is no way that bush actually likes being president because it is impossilbe for him to hold a conversation. even when brian williams throws him the ultimate softball: "what are you reading these days?" bush has to quickly change the subject because he is afraid that williams might actually ask him about the books he claims to have read ("a few shakespeares"....gtfohwtbs). to make matters worse, bush is incapable of admitting that he has a horrible record. he acts like 20 years from now history will have re-written itself. someone needs to do a comparison of Clinton and Bush getting asked the same questions.

And althought the Stranger is a classic book, i co-sign on the 50 year late pass. we covered existentialism in 9th grade. goddamn.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Oh, I thought he said epileptic.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    And althought the Stranger is a classic book, i co-sign on the 50 year late pass. we covered existentialism in 9th grade. goddamn.

Yeah, didn't this guy go to Yale and Harvard? He acts like he deserves some kind of praise for reading Shakespeare.

On the other hand, it's interesting to see him concede a little of his anti-intellectual stance.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Oh, I thought he said apoplectic.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Oh, I thought he said apocalyptic.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"The key for me is to keep expectations low"

Heckuva job Georgie!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    what an asshole.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I really wish he'd stop with that stupid smile of his. He looks dumb enough without his akward "i don't know what to say so let's smile, fumble around the topic and then change the topic". Christ, and this guy got re-elected and would probably get re-elected AGAIN if he ran today because most people are just fucking stupid!

• parenparen 537 Posts
    "my dad means the world to me, as a loving dad. he gave me the greatest gift that a father can give a child, which is..."

a privileged, white, presidential birthright.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    As a man who leans strongly to the Democratic side of the aisle, I've got to say that Brian Williams came off like a jerky elitist.

"Is that what everyone doesn't get?"

"Still not watching television, huh?"

and the whole weird "Your father disrespects you, doesn't he?" kick.

I mean: of course our President is not a smart man. He's also easily one of the worst long-term thinkers the Office has ever housed; his disastrously poor decision-making (or more appropriately, that of his handlers) has cost this country dearly. He's probably not the least intellectual President ever (Jackson, probably), but he's not far off. But this is KNOWN.

Williams just looks smug. GLIB, even. If MSNBC was trying to boobify GWB, there are better ways to go for the throat.

But that
    three Shakespeares
    line is un-fucking believable.

• wow camus and shakespeares. thats is pretty ekilectik

Mekka ekilectik high, make a heiny ho
    Mekka ekilectik high, make a chiny ho

• "Do what you think is right, and eventually historians will figure out whether it made sense or not." - G-Dub

Wow.

Thanks for posting this.

• As a man who leans strongly to the Democratic side of the aisle, I've got to say that Brian Williams came off like a jerky elitist.

"Is that what everyone doesn't get?"

"Still not watching television, huh?"

and the whole weird "Your father disrespects you, doesn't he?" kick.

I mean: of course our President is not a smart man. He's also easily one of the worst long-term thinkers the Office has ever housed; his disastrously poor decision-making (or more appropriately, that of his handlers) has cost this country dearly. He's probably not the least intellectual President ever (Jackson, probably), but he's not far off. But this is KNOWN.

Williams just looks smug. GLIB, even. If MSNBC was trying to boobify GWB, there are better ways to go for the throat.

But that
    three Shakespeares

2 things.

1. isn't brian williams really popular with conservatives? of the three new Newspeople (with Katie C.) i thought he was the one that cons loved?

2. that final quote is, unfortunately, all to believable.

welp. back to reading my dickenseseseses.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The "I like to keep expectations low" line was pure genius.

• but yeah. that shit about "sacrifices" is nuts.

co-sign that was ridiculous.

"we pay a lot of taxes"...uh, if you had it your way YOU and your friends would pay absolutely none.

"we paid when the economy went in the tank"...wait I thought the economy was going great! Isn't that what you are always telling us?

"Mr. President, I know how much you love deep, psychological assessments of yourself"...I hope this was a joke.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    what a sad little man.

some great soundbites in there though.

• Do you people honestly think anyone was ever labouring under the delusion that george bush was an intellectual? youve been using the same attack strategy for 6 years and its been entirely unproductive. Instead of harping incessently about what everybody knows start talking about what no-one knows. The democrats alternative policies being as good a place to start as any.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Do you people honestly think anyone was ever labouring under the delusion that george bush was an intellectual? youve been using the same attack strategy for 6 years and its been entirely unproductive. Instead of harping incessently about what everybody knows start talking about what no-one knows. The democrats alternative policies being as good a place to start as any.

you really must have loads of friends.

so we are expected to just blindly accept the fact that the most powerful man in the world (except the lizard master) is a fucktard. Riiiiight, because seeing as its been six years now we should just accept it, it should not cause us to feel amazed every time we hear yet another pile of utter shit leave the mans mouth.

but its all democrats and Republicans right?

you should really get out more.

and im outta this thread.

i promise, i wont bite no more.

carry on.

• on a slightly unrelated note, can someone explain to me why this dude CANNOT pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly? Like where does anyone even get "nucyuler" from that? I know it's a reasonably common mispronunciation but seriously I don't understand it.

• But that
    three Shakespeares

I wonder if he was talking about these...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I really wish he'd stop with that stupid smile of his. He looks dumb enough without his akward "i don't know what to say so let's smile, fumble around the topic and then change the topic". Christ, and this guy got re-elected and would probably get re-elected AGAIN if he ran today because most people are just fucking stupid!

and Like it or not, the majority of Americans are ill-informed, overt (or covert) redneck, dogmatic types. This plays well into the current administration because these "blind sheep" types of citizens will buy into anything cloaked in "American values" (whatever the fuck those are) and faux-religiosity (i.e., if Bush is REALLY a good Christian then I'm the Pope).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak