What have you found in LP jackets??

RootStrataRootStrata 6 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I've run across the occasional odd letter or disturbing photo, but I just found this one and decided to document it. I realize that by asking I could be in for some disturbing finds --I know someone who found a series of photos involving a nude dude and a candle in need of a holder-- but I'll ask anyway...what have you found in LP sleeves? Anti-war letter found in hippie record...The record, Emerson's Old Timey Custard-Suckin' Band... The letter...

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I found a old school shaving razor one time...

Another time, I found a phone number stapled to a bag of speed...

I found some photos, newspaper clippings and pubic hair occassionally too...

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I found a near mint copy of Dark Side of the Moon inside the trashed cover of some random OC Smith record at an op-shop.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    i've found old phone numbers & a love letter in a recent LP I picked up at a thrift store.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    bag of some brown weed, crazy love letters, a fifty dollar bill

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Korean homework or a letter of some sort.....I'll have to pull it out sometime.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    awesome explicitly sexual/misspelled/undereducated typed love letter worth scanning for y'all but im on the wrong coast at the moment. i remember one line was something like "i know some sexy fun we could happily have" and a certain fluid was spelled "juism" . It was in a copy of "Mob Rules" by Black Sabbath.

• awesome explicitly sexual/misspelled/

dude! that was persona!l I can't believe you!

• daed spiders, weed, incense, cigar stank, rollin papaers, roaches(critter & spliffspaff), ols bills, money, concert stubs, photos, jinxies tampon wrappers....records?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I've run across the occasional odd letter or disturbing photo, but I just found this one and decided to document it. I realize that by asking I could be in for some disturbing finds --I know someone who found a series of photos involving a nude dude and a candle in need of a holder-- but I'll ask anyway...what have you found in LP sleeves?

Anti-war letter found in hippie record...

The record, Emerson's Old Timey Custard-Suckin' Band...

The letter...

This is really cool thanks for posting. Have you googled the dude or tried to contact him. I wonder if he works for lockheed martin or if he is still involved in the peace movement.

• in the first copy of Manu Dibango "Soul Makossa" lp i found was a wedding program from the early 70s, a vintage pack of bambu papers and a toothpick joint that i actually tried to smoke! (i didn't have any weed at the time...)

my guess is the record belonged to the dj for the wedding.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    roaches

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    don't forget pubes.

• haych3haych3 20 Posts
    a mate found biz & the beastie boys benny and the jets 45 in his biz markie goin off LP that he got from a car boot sale...

didnt no it was in there till one day the LP wouldn't go in right and there it was...

he must have had it for 5 years or more...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I found this in an LP jacket recently.

Pretty cool, huh guys?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Pretty cool, huh guys?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Pretty cool, huh guys?
    Stop posting my family photos.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

My friend found a copy of this with a flyer inside for a party @ Arroyo high school featuring Dr. Dre

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Pretty cool, huh guys?

I guess this dude didn't lay low long enough.

• I found this in an LP jacket recently.

Pretty cool, huh guys?

I guess this dude didn't lay low long enough.

I'm not laying low, I just don't have a lot of time to post.

You don't think that records cool? I found the indignant responses to be pretty funny.

I once found a sheet of acid in a Fear record. Then again, I could be making the whole thing up!

• I just found this in one of those Jazz Stepping Stones dance records. Lyrics to a yet undiscovered private boner.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just found this in one of those Jazz Stepping Stones dance records.
    Lyrics to a yet undiscovered private REO SPEEDWAGON MILLION SELLER[/b] boner.

• I just found this in one of those Jazz Stepping Stones dance records.
    Lyrics to a yet undiscovered private REO SPEEDWAGON MILLION SELLER[/b] boner.

Shame on you for knowing that.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Shame on you for knowing that.

Dogg, I saw this movie like 79 times on cable TV in the 80's:

When I read those lyrics in the jpeg, my mind automatically read
    them in the melody of the song, it's that ingrained.