How many album versions exist of Hair soundtrack

2»

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    swedish hair LP "H??r"

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    There's also a Finnish version that's pretty tough to find and is not good.

• There??s one (which I??ve actually never seen mentioned) by
    THE BOSTON called `Hair dance selection` (Cornet Special/Germany).
    They wade thru?? it tightly but a bit low on fire.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Jason Ryder Sound
    Graham Walker Sound
    Ricky Martin Sound

Aren't these identical?

the Graham Walker is actually a group lead by Alan Hawkshaw of the Mohawks.

Hey Guzzo

Actually, Graham Walker was the leader of the group; Hawkshaw only played the organ.
    Lots of people think that Graham Walker was a Hawkshaw's fake name, but according to VinylVUlture, Walker is a real person.

Peace

According to the Hawkshaw interview on Vinyl Vulture:

"I also did the 27 Top TV Themes album for EMI (1972) and The Graham Walker Sound Hair album for the Saga label (1969). These were ostensibly my albums, although I was not always credited as the lead artist."

http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/interviews/hawkshaw.php

The Graham Walker version has always been my favourite. It's so raw sounding and I love that version of 'Air'. The vocals are great.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Record's not exactly a sizzler but the cover makes it my favourite Hair LP. Not sure if the US release had the same cover - I think they went for something more marketable than a fat hairy man with sporan issues.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

And the Hair movie soundtrack is a garbage and there was no need to put on the list.

As if the original cast album was a five-star classic or something? Hell To The Naw.

Dave Marsh was right - Hair was "what the squares thought the sixties were about." What next, somebody's gonna do a Soul Strut thread devoted to Godspell ripoffs?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What next, somebody's gonna do a Soul Strut thread devoted to Godspell ripoffs?

GODSPELL GOT THAT HEAT!!!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Polish Hair LP ??

Got it. Not that fantastic, but cool cover. That Don Kirschner LP is dope as hell though.

- J