ebay saved serches gone horribly wrong

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
when your billy brooks search keeps returning billy ray cyrus and brooks & dunn compilations

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    when your billy brooks search keeps returning billy ray cyrus and brooks & dunn compilations

You can format a saved search to exclude terms, like:

Billy Brooks -dunn -cyrus[/b]

excludes "dunn" and "cyrus" from all results.

If you have it set up this way and it's still doing that, ...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    is there a way to exclude certain sellers from your saved searches?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Vintage brocade Turner Bros pink tassled bed cover

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Limit your favorite searches to the Records category and you'll be set. For that specific search I get "Ike and Tina Turner on Warner Bros" emails all the time.

I like to cast a wide net.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I like to cast a wide net.

If you get a Turner Bros record from the bedding category, I'll eat my hat

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    you can do RSS feeds of ebay searches now...I need to learn how to do that. My girl does them for all her craft stuff. Its cool having a page every few hours of just stuff you are looking for.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    you can do RSS feeds of ebay searches now...I need to learn how to do that. My girl does them for all her craft stuff. Its cool having a page every few hours of just stuff you are looking for.

Oh man thats a great idea.

Anyone know what or how to do this?

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    There's a maximum of only 100 saved searches. That's not nearly enough for me. Is it posible to increase this limit?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/rss.html

i see this taking up SOOO much of my time..

Word. I just got one running and it's crazy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Limit your favorite searches to the Records category and you'll be set. For that specific search I get "Ike and Tina Turner on Warner Bros" emails all the time.

Some of you cats need to get your minuses on.

Also:
    Limit your search to Music instead of Records. It's a "wider net," but within reason. A ton of sellers are too lazy to define their parameters within the Music heading (not to mention "Rock and Roll > 60s Rock > Garage Rock > Baroque Garage Rock > Baroque Garage Rock (Psycheledic With Purple And Red Flashes Hitting The Backs Of Your Eyes)," but they have to at least declare their vinyl as Music.

Or am I Hurting The Game?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

This is all the rage among me. People gave me strange e-stares when I brought it up here after it came out. It is huge.

No more horrible jbidwatcher crashing on me and taking an hour to run my thousand searches!

The only downside: it doesn't search new ebay store items. This is kind of good, because you don't end up with everybody's $9.99 reissues in your results. But sometimes goodies do go there. Ah vell.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The only downside: it doesn't search new ebay store items. This is kind of good, because you don't end up with everybody's $9.99 reissues in your results. But sometimes goodies do go there. Ah vell.

I do have a habit of searching ~ records/newly listed/buy it now only ~
    and if you do this, you realize the 9.99 reissue guys just constantly list
    that crap over and over throughout the day. There are always whole pages
    of the shit no matter when I search. I wish you could just exclude certain
    sellers, i.e. wdcdradio, waxnostalgia, etal...

• I do have a habit of searching ~ records/newly listed/buy it now only ~
    and if you do this, you realize the 9.99 reissue guys just constantly list
    that crap over and over throughout the day. There are always whole pages
    of the shit no matter when I search. I wish you could just exclude certain
    sellers, i.e. wdcdradio, waxnostalgia, etal...

You can exclude sellers from your searches (up to 10), click on the advanced search tab - on the advanced search page will be a section named "From Sellers" in that section click the box next to "From specific sellers", make sure it is on exclude, start entering the sellers user-names and you are ready.

Now can someone recommend a good RSS reader?

Thanks

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Does this only happen to me? When I do searches in the "records" category, they don't show all the results. For example, I'll be looking for a Reggae 45 and it'll show 3 results, but then on the side under categories it'll say that there are 6 available under Reggae, but you have to clik on that category to see them. WTF??? Do I have my settings wrong or something? Is there a way to correct this?

wdcdradio

This guy is a pox on ebay searches. Cluttering em all up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wdcdradio

Although Wax Nostalgia is the creator of the immortal

"THIS IS A GENUINE 60'S RELIC!!"

Q: so, is this an original pressing?

A: THIS IS A GENUINE 60'S RELIC!!!

Q: ok, so it's an original 60's pressing?

A: OWN AN AUTHENTIC PIECE OF THE 60'S ROCK REVOLUTUION!!

Q: so, is it a reissue??

A: um - - yes.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    There's a maximum of only 100 saved searches. That's not nearly enough for me. Is it posible to increase this limit?

you're scaring me.

wdcdradio

Although Wax Nostalgia is the creator of the immortal

"THIS IS A GENUINE 60'S RELIC!!"

Q: so, is this an original pressing?

A: THIS IS A GENUINE 60'S RELIC!!!

Q: ok, so it's an original 60's pressing?

A: OWN AN AUTHENTIC PIECE OF THE 60'S ROCK REVOLUTUION!!

Q: so, is it a reissue??

A: um - - yes.

Hahah, classic!

Maybe the "relic" was referring to himself.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

you're scaring me.

Really ?..........Because I'm putting searches on them does not mean that I'm going to buying them all. I know a number of rare or just obscure titles(you probably to too) that is only on ebay very seldom but when they do pop up then I would like to see what they sell for. And it also lets you follow auctions on a particular item during a longer periode so you can strike and buy it when it's going cheap. There's certain titles for which saved searches are very useful.