Sony Playstation Ads - RACE WAR!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2006/07/05/sony_ad_casues_white_riot.htmlWell, if their point was to catch people's attention: mission accomplished!(just to note, other ads reverse the power dynamic b/t black and white. Nonetheless,

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OH HELL NO!!!!

But, Im sorry to say that just like the Timberland controversy, brothers will still purchase these products.

Cristal is hoping Jay-Z public banning wont hurt sales.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    There was a thread on this turd a week ago.

Huge NAGL[/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I heard it's a parody of this Nintendo DS ad:

It's also worth noting these ads didn't run in the U.S. I think only Holland or something. People there don't have the history we do in regards to race. Sony has said they want people to look at it as colors (yeah right, more like controversy) representing the black and white psp.

That said, it's whatsoever.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Sony's previous PSP ads that feature those squirrels saying all that off-the-wall shit in what sounds to me like a stereotypical male "Mexican" voice?

Who the hell is making decisions over there?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    isn't it Sony's previous PSP ads that feature those squirrels saying all that off-the-wall shit in what sounds to me like a stereotypical male "Mexican" voice?

Yeah, that seemed a little weird to me, too.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I never got past the PlayStation 1

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I never got past the PlayStation 1

What? You mean you're not an uber-geeked out gamer in addition to being a soul strutter?

Not a Real Head(z).