MY ADIDAS ???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
They got wise and put out the original joints. I had these exact ones back in 83'. I remember the shells being hot and heavy in the summer.I dont know if I could cop a pair now. Maybe white on white or green on white.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

more

or really

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i don't see the appeal in adidas that have pre-yellowing on the midsole and toe. destroys the freshness of the white sneaker look for the summer.

sorta related- adidas just put out a "micropacer" basketball sneaker that retails for $244.

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/athletic/adidas_1_1b.htm

• sorta related- adidas just put out a "micropacer" basketball sneaker that retails for $244.

can we say "Doing too much"?

• sorta related- adidas just put out a "micropacer" basketball sneaker that retails for $244.

can we say "Doing too much"?

shits fugly too

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i don't see the appeal in adidas that have pre-yellowing on the midsole and toe. destroys the freshness of the white sneaker look for the summer.

True, but the yellowing was a natural occurance w/ the original design. Theyre takin' in back to the OG.

GTFOH.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I definitely don't get the pre-yellowed joints at all. They need to come with sock fuzz and funky odors also if they really want to give the vintage vibe, otherwise they should stick to the crispy white soles.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I couldnt do either of them.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    as a addi-cat for life, I'm currently rocking the OG Kareem lows.....

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i dont know what a addidacat is but i like addidas cuz they fit my feets how i like. anyways, in the mid 90s i had some superstars once and it kinda sucked cuz one of the shells turned yellow and the other one was still white. i hated those shoes. anyways, im a rod laver lover. best hackey sack shoe ever. next to bare feet, of course.

anyone got a line on the old point guard lo's? i like them. theyre plain.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    as a addi-cat for life, I'm currently rocking the OG Kareem lows.....

Which ones?

anyways, im a rod laver lover. best hackey sack shoe ever. next to bare feet, of course.

Co-sign on the shoe and not its use.

Pony Guard Lo........

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    currently rocking the

and the

and the

BIG MEN DONT SELL SHOES..........

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

GTFOH.

It's surely "ahead of its time", but come on now...people like their shoes simple with dope designs. Not with mawfuggin' chips in 'em. Also, you think anyone wants to rock a gold/silver colorway? They need some new designers up in that mug.

Now And1, they probably copied a few styles here and there, but they've been coming out with decent designs and their marketing is on point.

I just checked the And1 site...they show footage of the air up there doing a 360 between the legs....TRULY

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    adidas hooked me up with a free pair of these Tommy Guerrero Superstars (promo only/limited to 200), which was nice...

Yeah, they're brown and pink... but damn! It's Tommy G!

I also like these (thanks Matt at Harputs):

adidas (always lower-case 'a', by the way!) have put some good stuff out over the past year... Next for me is the black Neighborhood Gazelle - if I can get lucky on a pair, that is...

Now And1, they probably copied a few styles here and there, but they've been coming out with decent designs and their marketing is on point.

Maybe for the functional Baller, but I have yet to see them sported by the non-baller.

well their target audience definitely are not hipsters.

No doubt.

For a minute they had some serious advertisements in NYC. Marbury and Sprewell were their faces.

More from "The Air Up There". And1's new dunk superhero:

• i was amped when i found out about these. limited to 300. I had to run and get me some...

More from "The Air Up There". And1's new dunk superhero:

• edit...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    these are my adidas weapon of choice:

these are my adidas weapon of choice:

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

seriously? who buys $200 shoes with faces and splatter paint on them these days? rednecks?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I still rock shelltoes sometimes - the white ones
    are a good look for summer, if kept fresh.

Best shelltoes I ever had were these blue canvas
    ones with white stripes and toe. It sounds kinda Becky, but
    they were dope, almost looked like denim.
    I bought 2 pair at once at Harry the Greek's(RIP)
    and rocked that shit 2 summers in a row

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i always rock adidas.