J Dilla 'the Shining' -coming soon, lookin forward

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So I just came across this by accident. Good to know though, Im looking forward to hearing it, looks like there will be a few extras as well. Anyone heard any of it yet? What to expect??I'm looking forward to hearing it, mixed bag of guests, should be interesting. What do ya'll think?http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002726707

Comments

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    Giles Peterson played a bunch of 'exclusives' from it this last Sunday. It was cool. GP said the record was unfinished and Kareem Biggins added the final touches..

I wasn't crazily moved by it, but I'm gonna reserve judgement til I hear the final version. What was undeniably dissapointing is the Pharoah Monche joint. Dude has been on hold for so long...and he came with a pretty much all-singing 'my life' style joint.....

• i am looking forward to it, i can see some of the rappers muddying it down but... alwell there is a track for it on dilla's 'space page, I hope a instrumental gets released too

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    d'angelo came out for this??

personally i cant wait.

• the d'angelo song is actually the unreleased dilla remix for common's "go"

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I just got a copy of it! It is very good. "Won't Do" is so ill! Well all of it is really!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Donuts was cool, a beautiful testament and all that, but this is the shit I'm really looking forward to. I miss hearing his beats with some vocals on it. I thought it was fire when Ghost used those two donuts for "Fishscale". I also really miss hearing Dilla's own vocals. I love that inimitable swagger.

That P. Monch track has been circulating for a long time, and I think it's hot. Yes, I will be checking for this.

What about that "Dilla Loves Japan", when is that coming out?

Donuts was cool, a beautiful testament and all that, but this is the shit I'm really looking forward to. I miss hearing his beats with some vocals on it. I thought it was fire when Ghost used those two donuts for "Fishscale". I also really miss hearing Dilla's own vocals. I love that inimitable swagger.

That P. Monch track has been circulating for a long time, and I think it's hot. Yes, I will be checking for this.

What about that "Dilla Loves Japan", when is that coming out?

Supposedly Jay Love Japan is coming out in July, but I don't know about that...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    There's one track featuring Ta'Raach fka Lacks of The Breakfast Club that's being circulated via myspace for Jay Loves Japan. It's pretty damn dope.

Oh, also... it's Karriem Riggins, not Biggins.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Jerome Baker's blog recently upped an alleged advance of it.

http://jeromebaker.blogspot.com/

(Under Wed Jun 21)

Someone sent me a PM about The Shining but I accidently deleted it before I could reply--just get at me on AIM at gravelheadwrap

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Giles Peterson played a bunch of 'exclusives' from it this last Sunday.

Heres the tracks for y'all from the show
    A HREF="http://rapidshare.de/files/23942246/jay_dee_shining_tracks_on_gilles_peterson.mp3.html">JaydeeShining/A>

"Tracklist"

Over breaks

Body Movin ft. J.Rocc & Karriem Riggins

Dime piece ft. Dwele

So far to go ft. Common & D'angelo

Shits on repeat tonight

I'm lovin it

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Jerome Baker's blog recently upped an alleged advance of it.

http://jeromebaker.blogspot.com/

(Under Wed Jun 21)

Their link is fucked though. Direct link here:

www.sendspace.com/file/6pwm8b

It's promofied with some movie dialogue all over the whole thing, but it's good enough to get the picture. I'll check this later. Thanks dgriot.