self-employeed strut?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Who here is self-employeed, loving it and being successful? I tried starting my own company years ago but a lack of finances, business knowledge and drive forced me to close up shop. The paperwork killed me. Now I'm more experienced, have some more money, got the paperwork on lock down and I'm ready to jump at it again. I'm thinking of starting my own bookkeeping company and using money from that to start up my original idea again. I swear, I was depressed just treading water being an employee but this really has my juices flowing again. I'm got a million-and-one ideas already.

Comments

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    not selfemployed...yet

just hustlin'

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I've been self-employed ever since I quit BestBuy in 2002. Working as a drone there for a while really sucked my spirits, and I really saw what it was to be a slug in the corporate chain. Ever since then, I've been self employed doing freelance graphic design, computer repair, building, Website design, Networking, and really any other Side job I can get. It's not that hard if your good at finding opportunities and making opportunities for yourself.

If your lazy, and have no drive Self-employment may not be for you. Currently I'm working on a completly more closer to home project. More on that later..

- spidey

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I've been self-employed ever since I was shit canned from a loser company about to fold
    If your lazy, and have no drive Self-employment may be for you.

shiftless, poor & happy

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    self employed and loving it. You must be able to work 15 hour days, 7 days a week, crunch numbers like a trader, manage funds like a banker, wheel and deal like a broker and push paper like a brownnosing admin. It is no joke but it is tons of fun and you feel a lot more satisfaction.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Damn, my general manager was just talking with me about taking on some of his duties. He's pretty much ready to retire/quit so I think he's gearing me up to replace him. Fuck, every time I'm ready to do some big real world moves something like this throws a monkey wrench into my plans.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Interview Question:

Q: 10 years down the line, what do you wanna be doing?
    real A:
    self employed and loving it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Self-employed. loving it, future looks bright, which is good because I am a lousy employee.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Self-employed. loving it, future looks bright, which is good because I am a lousy employee.

loving the free life!

quit my job two months ago to start some freelance graphic design work... I've already turned down a few jobs, and I've got two offers pending at the moment. though freelance work has been plentiful. If you've got a little hustle, now's a great time to jump ship! (if you're in a creative field, esp...)