1990 Greensboro NC rap comp w/Omniscence-any info?

rawyouthrawyouth 112 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Does anybody have any info on this lp? It's called Back To The Lab, and distributed out of Greensboro NC from 1990. Omniscence is the only artist I've heard of-some of the other artists are: Kevin K & DJ Timex, KSB Fresh, Prince Shahem Beloved, Mind Over Matter, D-Mack and MC Dizzy Dee, and MC Romeo. Produced by Def Rhythm Productions on Over-Due Records.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I should, but I don't. Paging 33third!!

• rawyouthrawyouth 112 Posts
    It's a pretty good comp, consistently good if not great. Sounds like late 80's, early 90's hip hop, Ripple, Meters, lots of James Brown samples, etc.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Yeh its a pretty nice comp. I haven't listened to it for a minute but I know I had a copy around somewhere... I cna probably get some more from peoples in the area there...

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    Yeah, I love this record. I am moving to a new house so it's boxed up, but if my memory serves me it had a bunch of old 45's on the cover. I was feeling the cover so I peeped it and soon realized it was NC based. I think it was put out by, or atleast shouted out family owned used car lot.

Some out of town big dudes had asked about this before as well, so I hope this car lot is still around I want a 88 diesel mercedes and 20 copies of this comp.

The executive producer's name is TR Raynor, and he thanks his family and Raynor Used Cars and Trucks, so that makes sense. It must be pretty scarce, even in NC, I guess?

I located a copy and can have it burned and credits etc. copied if interested. They won't give up the original (ha).

I just talked to one of the guys that put out the comp and he actually said there is no vinyl on it. It was CD and Tape only.

I just talked to one of the guys that put out the comp and he actually said there is no vinyl on it. It was CD and Tape only.
    I can't imagine it's a boot-when would anyone have bootlegged it? It looks older anyways. I talked to someone at TSL about it and he said they've had a couple copies, both super destroyed, which would also be weird for a boot. Hellifiknow.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

yeah that is weird because there are defintiely copies of it on vinyl........I wonder if the tape and CDs have any extra tracks though??