The Making of 'Peg' Steely Dan clip

nosawanosawa 89 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
...possibly posted before, either way check

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    shit was dope....i would love to get at those masters

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, got that DVD from Netlfix a while back...it's dope.
    At one point they're playing with the faders on the "Black Cow" master and Fagan starts singing "Uptown Baby, Uptown Baby", it's hilarious.
    There a lot of new footage of them (with Pretty Purdie) doing instrumental versions of tracks from Aja.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    wow...thanks for posting that! what dvd is this taken from?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    At one point they're playing with the faders on the "Black Cow" master and Fagan starts singing "Uptown Baby, Uptown Baby", it's hilarious

wasn't that the one where they are driving around in a limo gettin interviewed by some model chick? highly suspect, also given the fact that they and their moneyhungry lawyers are somehow responsible for the decline of lord tariq and peter gunns career aka not seen more than 2 cents for it due to samplebull...

• At one point they're playing with the faders on the "Black Cow" master and Fagan starts singing "Uptown Baby, Uptown Baby", it's hilarious

also given the fact that they and their moneyhungry lawyers are somehow responsible for the decline of lord tariq and peter gunns career aka not seen more than 2 cents for it due to samplebull...

Amazingly, the world still spins.......

Just sayin....Tariq and Gunns ain't know about "sample clearance"??

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    At one point they're playing with the faders on the "Black Cow" master and Fagan starts singing "Uptown Baby, Uptown Baby", it's hilarious

also given the fact that they and their moneyhungry lawyers are somehow responsible for the decline of lord tariq and peter gunns career aka not seen more than 2 cents for it due to samplebull...

Amazingly, the world still spins.......

Just sayin....Tariq and Gunns ain't know about "sample clearance"??

If I recall correctly, it's just like what happended to Fabulous/Just Blaze & the Supertramp sampling for "Breathe".
    Started getting mad spins before the sample got cleared and the lawerys and/or artists saw $.

...and I highly doubt Steely Dan is the reason LT & PG didn't have legs.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ...also given the fact that they and their moneyhungry lawyers are somehow responsible for the decline of lord tariq and peter gunns career...

HAHA!! yeah they were on track to be real big! look at this cluster of super hot fireball dooky dope lyrical monster rhymes...
    --------------------------------
    Friends call me Gunz, sons call me trife
    Cause I'm quick to slide off and slide this dick up in your wife
    And that's life, you should learn how to treat her
    I guarantee Peter, knows how to eat her
    and beat her, niggaz in the Bronx call me Lex
    cause I push a Lex, and I rock a Rolex
    and I lounge on Lex', and I love sex
    And I wave techs on sets that be tryin to flex
    Like Dex, nigga God rest your soul
    But when you're playin cards for Gunz, it ain't time to fold, ho

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That made me feel kind of queezy.

Does anyone still have that link to the guy who does cover songs using his mouth for all the instruments? I remember he did this song, Guns N'Roses and all kinds of other weird shit, too.