whats a record you cant get enough of lately?

2»

Comments

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    "Edzayawa - Pojection One" was sitting in the shelf for a while but is getting daily spins since one week or so...

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

soooo good

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Technical difficulties...

Temporarily pre-occupied w/ Milton Wright "Friends and Buddies". I think it's got some potential to stick around for awhile.

tjames

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Mal Waldron-The Call

More like a Friday-night, no work until Monday, drink a Newcastle and zone out type of record for me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Donald Byrd - Street Lady ............has had me open for the last week or so.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    the track "High In A Room" by The Smoke. I wish i had an original; its on a recent Mojo Mag psyche comp.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    DJ Shadow "The outsider", and it's not even mastered til next week.

• stilldigginstilldiggin 223 Posts

speaknig of this, does anyone know of thigs that sound similar?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• MASTERS APPRENTICES S/T

Never quite figured out what "OZ" rock actually is though... maybe i should just consult wikipedia.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

speaknig of this, does anyone know of thigs that sound similar?

You should check out other releases on Rockadelic's label, he's the one who put this out...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

MASTERS APPRENTICES S/T

Never quite figured out what "OZ" rock actually is though... maybe i should just consult wikipedia.

Does it mean something other than Australian rock?

I haven't heard that band in many years, I liked them back then though

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Hugh Masekela on Uni? OVERRATED.
    Hugh Masekela on Casablanca? UNDERRATED!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    James Luther Dickinson's Dixie Fried. I'm back in Chicago now, but my mind is still in Memphis (where I was last week), and this bizarre 1972 psycho-swamp-rock album (from a well-known Memphis music mainstay) has already been played twice this week. Released back when Atlantic Records could (seemingly) do no wrong.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

The world's fattest twins. I love that record.

• Sort of what I assumed, but wasn't sure if OZ was something more specific. In any case, wish more it would make it stateside...

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts

This finally came out on CD recently and it's as good as her earlier stuff, but with fuller arrangements. Anyone into Joni Mitchell, Linda Perhacs, etc. should check this out.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Mal Waldron-The Call

More like a Friday-night, no work until Monday, drink a Newcastle and zone out type of record for me.

I love records that fulfill this experience.

the track "High In A Room" by The Smoke. I wish i had an original; its on a recent Mojo Mag psyche comp.

My favorite off that comp also.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    a couple I played again and again tonight:

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    a couple I played again and again tonight:

That's trippy because the Eddy Jacobs and Lee Harris 45s are two of my most recent ebay acquisitions.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    folk-y, acoustic guitar-y, little girl voice-y...

MY TOP 5[/b]
    1. Secretion Afterbirth bootleg.
    2. Slayer live in Germany (c.'85) where Tom introduces "Necrophiliac" with "How many of you are into older women?" [Confused, spontaneous German cheering at the silence after speaking.] "I mean, ollllllllder women?" [More confused cheering.] "The kind you DIG FROM THE GRAAAAAAAAVE!" [chugga-chugga- bash-bam-crash Screeeeaaaam!]. Funny shit.
    3. Jesse Bernstein's The Sad Bag.
    4. The KMD tape JRoot sent me.
    5. Audio recording of a 70 year-old ex-hobo talking.

Can I get a witness?