fortuitous timing

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I just moved all of my belongings out of my house yesterday and put them in storage. I got a call from one of my former roommates, Matt, this morning telling me that the house got robbed at gunpoint last night. The roommates are local rappers/producers and have a protools studio upstairs and a ton of other expensive equipment throughout the house. Luckily, Matt was in the basement at the time and was able to hide and call the cops. Apparently the cops blocked the street and called in the swat team to get the two robbers. They were arrested and nobody was injured. Even though it all turned out OK, I'm glad as hell that I wasn't around to experience it.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I just moved all of my belongings out of my house yesterday and put them in storage. I got a call from one of my former roommates, Matt, this morning telling me that the house got robbed at gunpoint last night. The roommates are local rappers/producers and have a protools studio upstairs and a ton of other expensive equipment throughout the house. Luckily, Matt was in the basement at the time and was able to hide and call the cops. Apparently the cops blocked the street and called in the swat team to get the two robbers. They were arrested and nobody was injured. Even though it all turned out OK, I'm glad as hell that I wasn't around to experience it.

the crooks got

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Holy fuck dude, glad nobody got hurt

• djrdjr 511 Posts

fortuitous, indeed.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

"drop the MPC.... please."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow dude.... DAMN!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My bad. It wasn't a swat team, it was a Special Emergency Reaction Team.

Article here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1146536731237560.xml&coll=7

Portland police arrest 2 men in home invasion
    Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Campbell Accused of burglary, robbery Smith Also booked into jail

Two men accused of forcing their way inside an east Portland home and robbing the occupants were arrested early Monday after a three-hour standoff at the home, police said.

Arthur Defazio Campbell, 26, and Jason L. Smith, 28, were booked into the Justice Center jail on four counts each of first-degree robbery and burglary. Both men have spent time in state prison on drug convictions.

Police said the men pushed their way through an unlocked door of a home in the 6400 block of East Burnside Street at 11:20 p.m. Sunday. During the robbery, one of the four victims inside the home called 9-1-1.

When officers arrived, they were told that a suspect might be armed and holed up in the basement, prompting the Portland Police Bureau's Special Emergency Reaction Team to respond. The squad closed off Burnside between East 60th and 74th avenues and searched the house but found only a traumatized victim hiding inside, said Detective Paul Dolbey, a bureau spokesman.

Police asked anyone who witnessed the incident to call Detective Jeff Sharp at 503-823-0453.

-- Boaz Herzog

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Article here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1146536731237560.xml&coll=7

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Two men accused of forcing their way inside an east Portland home and robbing the occupants were arrested early Monday after a three-hour standoff at the home, police said.

Arthur Defazio Campbell, 26, and Jason L. Smith, 28, were booked into the Justice Center jail on four counts each of first-degree robbery and burglary. Both men have spent time in state prison on drug convictions.

Police said the men pushed their way through an unlocked door of a home in the 6400 block of East Burnside Street at 11:20 p.m. Sunday. During the robbery, one of the four victims inside the home called 9-1-1.

When officers arrived, they were told that a suspect might be armed and holed up in the basement, prompting the Portland Police Bureau's Special Emergency Reaction Team to respond. The squad closed off Burnside between East 60th and 74th avenues and searched the house but found only a traumatized victim hiding inside, said Detective Paul Dolbey, a bureau spokesman.

Police asked anyone who witnessed the incident to call Detective Jeff Sharp at 503-823-0453.

-- Boaz Herzog

Dumb motherfuckers.

Glad you're safe and nobody got hurt, Twoply!

Herm

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Article here:

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

-- Boaz Herzog

Heavy.

I am confused, the first line says two people were arrested, the next to last line says they didn't find any robbers.

I'm just glad no one was