New PUTS

Comments

• yes, all the chain retailers got it except for alot of Best Buys, which we all should go out of our way not to support as they actually CHARGE money to have the record on the shelf amongst other ridiculous programs.

thanks for the support everybody.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah i looked for it at best buy and they didnt have it. i was heated

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Can someone get a bobble head on this?

PS I've never heard a PUTS track ever. Perhaps I live in a bubble.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Y'all oughta know better than to buy CDs at Best Buy anyway... that pretty much guarantees that there will be no record stores in the future. Fuck saving two bucks.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    PUTS reminds me of this pic;

I like PUTS, I only have "or stay tuned", which is good enough for the Outrun sample and "LA Song".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    well there 2 songs i liked somewhat. i dont think i come off nearly as negative as many other people on this board and i tried to back my first criticism with a compliment but whatever. i dont really see me making beats having anything to with anything. sorry to piss you off chan, you are a cool guy. i know for a fact theres plenty of other people on this board that hate the puts a lot more than me (i dont really hate them at all), but now that thes has shown up i guess they dont want to give their opinions.

As much as I like to stay out of stuff, I'll own up as one of the folks of whom Martin speaks. I hate to see a guy get ganged up on unnecessarily, due to HIS OPINION. Be that as it may, I haven't heard the new CD so I can't form an opinion. From what I've heard of previous CDs though, PUTS aren't really my steeze. But, that does not disparage them from doin' what they do. Gotta respect cats that make moves. I'm sure Thes and 'em could care less and why should they. I wouldn't!!! They have a following, as evident on this board, so as long as their fans are happy, its all gravy. That's what artists SHOULD do, make music for their fans. That said, PUTS didn't make their album for Martin, me, and other dudes that don't follow them. Just like crunk fans will NEVER like a beat I make. Why should I get offended if they say so? It's not for them. PUTS get paid to do what they love, and I envy guys that can make a living doin' music. Lack of preference does not equate to disrespect.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    alls i know is that that subtle "Fry-y-y-y-y-y-y-" Three Six Mafia bite on "Eat Street" is

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    looking forward to hearing, not into PUTS as much as I was a couple years ago but I got a bunch of my friends listening to them a couple years ago so I know more than a few people will be checking.

keep it up thes & double-k

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

PS I've never heard a PUTS track ever. Perhaps I live in a bubble.

Check this one for starters

I just checked that site and noticed I've been sleeping on a lot of releases

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I just checked that site and noticed I've been sleeping on a lot of releases

This for example

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Thes, plaese clear out your PM box.

this album is growing on me by the way. Reflections is dope too...and the Pumpin' interlude.
    whats the story on Odell? where's he from? how'd yall meet/collab etc...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Can Somebody UP this? Yousendit pls. k. thnx.

...just kidding.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I just picked up the album last night, along with Brahms String Quartets.

The album is good. If you ask me, its 'The Sound Of SoCal' or something like that. Regional Socal experience? I'm sure its not for everybody... nothing is. If you try making music for everybody you'll wind up making bullshit. On the way into work I was listening to track 13 (don't remember the song name) but I couldn't even listen to the lyrics because I was fucking mesmerized by that bassline.. and the drums and shit... I mean damn, thats one of those "I wish I made that" type beats.

And by the way, I'm talking about the string quartets, not PUTS. syke! hahahaha, i'm funny. The record is good. CHeck it out. If you don't like it then don't buy it.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    yes, all the chain retailers got it except for alot of Best Buys, which we all should go out of our way not to support as they actually CHARGE money to have the record on the shelf amongst other ridiculous programs.

thanks for the support everybody.
    Yeah, Michigan got no love for the PUTS in Best Buy or Circuit City.

I bought two copies though. One to play, one to keep sealed. I hear there are posters. I need to get my hand on one.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    'The Sound Of SoCal'

Eggfuckingzactly. I was talking about that last night to a friend of mine.
    Anyone peep the bonus DVD out yet? Double K got the tassle game on lock!

• This thread has been giving me a chronic stomach ache.

Double K's shirt is truly next level on that Earth wind and fire tip.

Local Socal experience of course! Actually, 'bout to take that local experience on the road..come holal at ya boy!!!:

Apr 25 2006 8:00P
    Downtown Brewing Company San Luis Obispo, CA
    Apr 26 2006 8:30P
    Independent San Francisco, CA
    Apr 27 2006 8:00P
    WOW Hall Eugene, OR
    Apr 28 2006 7:30P
    Humboldt State University Arcata, CA
    Apr 29 2006 8:30P
    Ash Street Portland, CA
    May 1 2006 8:00P
    Chop Suey Seattle, CA
    May 3 2006 9:00P
    Neurolux Boise, ID
    May 4 2006 8:00P
    Urban Lounge Salt Lake City, UT
    May 6 2006 8:30P
    Fox Theatre Boulder, CO
    May 7 2006 8:00P
    Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom Denver, CO
    May 8 2006 8:00P
    Sokol Underground Omaha, NE
    May 9 2006 7:30P
    Vaudeville Mews Des Moines, IA
    May 11 2006 9:00P
    Subterranean Chicago, IL
    May 12 2006 6:00P
    Grog Shop Cleveland Heights, OH
    May 13 2006 9:00P
    The Reverb Toronto, ON
    May 14 2006 7:00P
    The Buffalo Icon Buffalo, NY
    May 15 2006 8:00P
    Higher Ground South Burlington, VT
    May 16 2006 8:00P
    Century Lounge Providence, RI
    May 17 2006 8:00P
    Middle East Cambridge, MA
    May 18 2006 7:00P
    S.O.B.'s New York, NY
    May 19 2006 9:00P
    Ottobar Baltimore, MD
    May 22 2006 8:30P
    Cat's Cradle Carrboro, NC
    May 23 2006 8:00P
    The Earl Atlanta, GA
    May 25 2006 8:00P
    The Social Orlando, FL
    May 26 2006 8:00P
    Common Grounds Gainesville, FL
    May 27 2006 7:00P
    Spanish Moon Baton Rouge, LA
    May 28 2006 8:00P
    Warehouse Live Houston, TX
    May 29 2006 8:00P
    Emo's Austin, TX
    May 30 2006 8:00P
    The Sanctuary San Antonio, TX
    Jun 2 2006 8:00P
    Troubadour West Hollywood, CA
    Jun 3 2006 8:30P
    The Casbah San Diego, CA

WERD EM UP

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thes,
    where is that montreal date i saw on hiphopsite....
    i hope yall are coming over

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I was fucking mesmerized by that bassline.. and the drums and shit... I mean damn, thats one of those "I wish I made that" type beats.

lol. as soon as that cut dropped i thought 'this sounds like a dizzy bull beat'..

definitely feeling this lp. it's not going to win over fauz rillz but dope nonetheless.. this must be what it sounds like to live in Cali.

(anyone else hear an MJ break in there?)

• 'The Sound Of SoCal'

Eggfuckingzactly. I was talking about this for past two years[/b]

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

mexican mj apparently

• dope nonetheless.. this must be what it sounds like to live in Cali.

• this must be what it sounds like to live in Cali.

mexican food
    traffic
    cold SF weather/hot la weather
    suburbs
    phillipinas

add on duns....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this must be what it sounds like to live in Cali.

mexican food
    traffic
    cold SF weather/hot la weather
    suburbs
    phillipinas

add on duns drums....

• _________ Jr's #__

ie. Tom's Jr #4, Junior Jr#9, or even Carl's Jr

i'm talking about french fries and turkey burgers playboy.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I was fucking mesmerized by that bassline.. and the drums and shit... I mean damn, thats one of those "I wish I made that" type beats.

lol. as soon as that cut dropped i thought 'this sounds like a dizzy bull beat'..

definitely feeling this lp. it's not going to win over fauz rillz but dope nonetheless.. this must be what it sounds like to live in Cali.

Yeah, I was thinking it sounded kinda loungy. Just like the shit I love listening too....

June 3rd at the Casbah. I'll be there. And oh my god its actually a Saturday!!!

• _________ Jr's #__

Robertos, Albertos, Juanbertos, Juanitas etc......

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    May 13 2006 9:00P
    The Reverb Toronto, ON

WERD EM UP

Dude Thes, I might actually travel to T.Dot to catch the show, since the BP gig fell through. A PUTS tour with no Detroit date on it is like Traffic Mania without the drums.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Apr 26 2006 8:30P
    Independent San Francisco, CA

I missed you guys last time around so I'm gonna try and make this one. Word,

DJ Ferrari

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    _________ Jr's #__

You already used "Busy Bee" in a track. When I worked for LAUSD in San Pedro, that's where I (and half the town) would catch lunch.

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    big up to Thes and Double K for another dope album.

the DVD clips were a good addition to this album, with the Bloquera video being one of the funniest clips on there. the accordion loops reminded me of past Ramon Ayala records my dad used to play at home.