Camron Lyrics Deconstructed.

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Okay, I just ripped this from the allhiphop boards, but I laughed so hard i thought it was worth sharing. I think it does a good job adressing the fictitious notion that camron is no longer lyrical and proves for the haters that his rhymes do not lack substance, its just that they are clearly going way over yalls heads. Hint: the explanations are in bold.
THIS IS THE MOST UNNDERATED NIGGA ON THIS WEBSITE HIS FLOWS ARE WAY OF YALL HEADS ALL THAT HOODY HOODY SHIT BE MAKING SENSE ITS JUST NIGGAZ HERE DONT RESSPECT LYRICS LIKE HISY'all niggaz is feeble born, feinds I keep the heaters onYALL NIGGAZ WEAK CRACKHEADS I KEEP THE OVEN ON[/b] Desert on my waist I get my eagle onNELLYS SONG AND DERSET EAGLE[/b] Triple x sex, yes that Vin Diesel formTHE MOVIE[/b] We bitter and bicker wit blickers nigga you'll sit in a poolWE MAD WE'LL TALK WILL SHOOT. U IN A POOL OF BLOOD[/b] Change my clothes for what, I switch up my jewelsWHY CARE ABOUT CLOSE NIGGA LOOK AT MY ICE[/b] Now it's round one dun, ding ding ding ITS JUST ROND ONE NIGGA[/b] Cash ching ching ching, show me the bling bling king IM RICH SHOW ME THE JEWLER[/b] THATS WHY TO ME CAM IS IN MY TOP 3

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    that's deep... i used to hate cam'ron, but now that i've had it broken down for me like that, he's in my top 3 as well... i think his flows were just WAY OF MY HEAD

WHY CARE ABOUT CLOSE NIGGA LOOK AT MY ICE

that's my favorite part

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Y'all niggaz is feeble born, feinds I keep the heaters on
    YALL NIGGAZ WEAK CRACKHEADS I KEEP THE OVEN ON[/b]
    Desert on my waist I get my eagle on
    NELLYS SONG AND DERSET EAGLE[/b]
    Triple x sex, yes that Vin Diesel form
    THE MOVIE[/b]
    We bitter and bicker wit blickers nigga you'll sit in a pool
    WE MAD WE'LL TALK WILL SHOOT. U IN A POOL OF BLOOD[/b]
    Change my clothes for what, I switch up my jewels
    WHY CARE ABOUT CLOSE NIGGA LOOK AT MY ICE[/b]
    Now it's round one dun, ding ding ding
    ITS JUST ROND ONE NIGGA[/b]
    Cash ching ching ching, show me the bling bling king
    IM RICH SHOW ME THE JEWLER[/b]

THATS WHY TO ME CAM IS IN MY TOP 3

lol.

it's like dude put the lyrics through a google.rap.com "translate this page" and it came out all awkward.

that said i think cam is nice.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

Y'all niggaz is feeble born, feinds I keep the heaters on
    YALL NIGGAZ WEAK CRACKHEADS I KEEP THE OVEN ON[/b]
    Desert on my waist I get my eagle on
    NELLYS SONG AND DERSET EAGLE[/b]
    Triple x sex, yes that Vin Diesel form
    THE MOVIE[/b]
    WE MAD WE'LL TALK WILL SHOOT. U IN A POOL OF BLOOD[/b]
    Change my clothes for what, I switch up my jewels
    WHY CARE ABOUT CLOSE NIGGA LOOK AT MY ICE[/b]
    Now it's round one dun, ding ding ding
    ITS JUST ROND ONE NIGGA[/b]
    Cash ching ching ching, show me the bling bling king
    IM RICH SHOW ME THE JEWLER[/b]

THATS WHY TO ME CAM IS IN MY TOP 3

lol.

it's like dude put the lyrics through a google.rap.com "translate this page" and it came out all awkward.

that said i think cam is nice.

lmao...the vin diesel translation is crucial.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

LOL. I never actually laugh out loud but this shit had me rollin. I dig Cam'ron, and his gangster - anybody who's ever lived in DC knows to drive a turquoise lambhorghini through Southeast at 3am is a hellafied move. But what I find funny is that this:

WE MAD WE'LL TALK WILL SHOOT. U IN A POOL OF BLOOD

is deconstruction. critical and analytical skills are on some

• ElexElex 22 Posts
    It's sad that actual Cam fans have known this from jump and only now people are catching on. He always drops lyrical shit, but on the real, homies rhymes are encrypted at his point to a degree that he's aiming his bars only at his target audience. If you're of the opinion homie's saying nothing, he's not speaking to you! If you've followed his trajectory throughout his career then you already know the time. I'm constantly ridiculed by uninformed or uninterested friends for punping Cam. Really though, creativity has always been a catalyst in hip hop. Some claim Cam gave up on rap and just "keeps it gangster" now. I feel more like homie was able to develop a style for himself and run with it (think how much props Ghost and DOOM get for freaking the English language and evolving slang terms) to the point of absurdity. His point seems to have been, "If you're not down with me now, fuck you." That's pretty much the only reason I listen to dude.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What was the horse and carriage song a metaphor for?